Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - AddOns

TeraTerm macro fails with addon

I have installed the TeraTerm Pro add-on and find it works correctly until I try to use it with a macro file. The file works when I use it with TeraTerm via the command line (/m=...) but when I enter it in the RDM entry and try to open the session, the session window opens and immediately closes. What can I try?

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
André did this add-on but unfortunately is won't be here until Monday. He will get back to you as soon as he get to the office.

Thank you

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Same issue here. Looking forward to seeing this work.

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
Which version of TeraTerm are you using and would it be possible to send me print screens of your session settings ?
It would be very helpfull for me.
Regards

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I have something better: a workaround, although odd.
Here is the relevant portion of my macro:

msg = hostname
strconcat msg ":22 /ssh /2 /auth=password /user="
strconcat msg username
strconcat msg " /passwd="
strconcat msg password
connect msg

... here the connect fails: a tt window comes up and closes.
However if I insert a pause before the connect ...

pause 1
connect msg

... the connect succeeds and the macro works correctly.

Clock6 yrs

Mkairys wrote:

I have something better: a workaround, although odd.

Thanks, works for me.

Clock6 yrs

It doesn't work for me either. Manual login works but from with Remote Desktop Manager no way. It looks like you actually have to specify the TERATERM.INI file in order to have it do something. Without it just sits there (see screenshot 1). With TERATERM.INI it will ask you for a user name (which is already specified in the credential information. If you specify the user name it will actually enter that into the terminal after connection.
This is probably the weirdest and most counter-intuitive RDM plugin I've used so far.

TT3.png
TT2.png
TT1.png
Clock6 yrs

Hi,
I will ask André to take a look at it. You have to know that's not always easy to create an add-on. We don't have the control on all the application we integrate.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
For the first version we didn't include SSH support but it will be included soon.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi,

This morning we released a new version of the add-on.
The SSH support is now included.
Could you do some tests and give us feedback ?

Best regards,

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

- Pageant authentication doesn't work from RDM

- SSH port is reset to 22 on every save

- should be possible to run Tera Term in tabbed mode (works even from non-GUI tabbers like ConEmu)

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
Sorry for the port reset it is fixed now. The bug was on load of the session not on the save.
I also added the embedded option as you requested but it will be fonctionnal only with the RDM 8.9.0.0 version and later.
This new Add-on version is not yet released but I added it as an attached zip file.
You just have to replace the dll that is in the folder : %LOCALAPPDATA%\devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager
Please let me know if this solves your issues.
Best regards,
edited by asanscartier on 7/8/2013

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

TeraTermPro1.3.1.0.zip
Clock6 yrs

The Pageant bug is not fixed yet.

By the way: it looks like it's pretty simple to make "external apps" tabbed. I'd really like to dump Putty and Filezilla for SecureCRT, Tera Term, WinSCP and SecureFX because they're so much better. The only thing that stops me is that I cannot run them tabbed (actually I can, just not in RDM)

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
As I indicated it's the port reset that has been fixed.
For the Pageant authentification I have to do more tests.
Yes it will be soon much more simplier to make "external apps" tabbed. RDM V8.9 will include internal method that will allow us to tabbed many applications.

Regards,

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
I added the Pageant option. I don't have the proper setting here to test it. I hope this will solve your issue.
You just have to copy the dll at the same location.

Please keep me informed

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

TeraTermPro1.3.2.0.zip
Clock6 yrs

Works, thanks. Looking forward to the embeddable version in the new version of Remote Desktop Manager

Clock6 yrs