Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Option to not show in "group" in the Favorites pane

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Is it possible to just display the chosen "favorites" in the Favorites pane (as opposed to showing them in groups)? If not, this would be a feature request as to whether to display them grouped or not.

Thanks

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
This is not possible for now but I think we could add an option. Which view do you prefer?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Either Details view or Tree view is preferred (otherwise it splits them into multiple columns)

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

We'll have an option in File > Options > User interface > favorites, to show/hide the groups in the list view (the list view is all of the views that aren't Tree View so it includes Details). It won't be available for the tree view for now since it would sort of defeat the purpose of it being a "tree" view.

As for the issue with multiple columns I think this is due to our new third party control for the lists. We'll take a look at it and hopefully it's a matter of changing a value or two.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

I checked for the multiple columns and it seems to be a particularity of our third party http://www.componentowl.com/documentation/better-listview/data/chapter-views.html The list view is oriented horizontally. I don't think we can do much with it. This should only happen with the List mode, the others seem to be okay.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Not sure if I'm missing something, but I don't see it. I am using RDM (BETA) 11.1.17.0 and all I have are the following possible options:

File - Options - User Interface - (under Advanced) - Show favorite icon in list
File - Options - User Interface - (under Advanced) - Show group in tab title
File - Options - User Interface - Trayicon/Taskbar - Only show favorites entries in trayicon menu
File - Options - User Interface - Tree View - Tree view group (bottom)

None of those seem to work (to hide the groups) and just show only my "favorite" session entries as a single list.

Thanks

Hubert Mireault wrote:

Hello,

We'll have an option in File > Options > User interface > favorites, to show/hide the groups in the list view (the list view is all of the views that aren't Tree View so it includes Details). It won't be available for the tree view for now since it would sort of defeat the purpose of it being a "tree" view.

As for the issue with multiple columns I think this is due to our new third party control for the lists. We'll take a look at it and hopefully it's a matter of changing a value or two.

Regards,

Clock3 yrs

My bad, I forgot to mention this will be in RDM 11.5 smile We should have that new version out soon. This will add the Favorites tab in File > Options > User interface, with the new option. We will try and put the favorites-related UI option there in the future to make them easier to find.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

No worries, thanks for the quick reply. Good to know, it gives something more to look forward to...

Thanks

Clock3 yrs

Upgraded to RDM 11.5.0.0 and the Favorites options are there (as promised). It removed the groups quite well, this works for me (in Details view) much better. By removing the groups, it provides more room in the Favorites navigation pane for favorite session entries.

Thank you!!

Clock3 yrs

That's great smile

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs