Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Contacts - Requests

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi All

First off, great product, I'm amazed at what can be done with it very often. Still have a few quirks though (as in everything in life). That said, I have a couple requests regarding contacts.

• Can "Employees" be directly linked to AD? All the directory information is there, so why not use it!
  • In a host entry for a server can we add like many contacts for that server, can they be grouped & prioritized? This is important since a machine can have 1 or more business owner (primary & secondary) and another contact for support. (Which is why the group is interesting, would be good for the group to be loosly defined)

Clock3 yrs

Hello Pascal,
What do you mean by employees? Is it only for the contact type?

For the second point you could create multiple sub connections but I understand it's not exactly what you want. Perhaps you could use the note field for that.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Bonjour David,

When you add a contact, you have several choices, Customer, Employee, Supplier, etc. From what I see, the only thing different is the icon type. What I would like though is for the "Employee" type to be more than just GUI but instead AD integrated.

Using notes for multiple contacts is (IMHO) against your (very good) philosophy of not duplicating data. If a business owner has control over several servers (often the case for multi tier apps) then we'd have to enter the data multiple times...

Merci

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
I see what you mean but I'm not sure exactly how we could link the employee with the AD. We might need a kind of synchroniezer.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi David

Any update on the sync for AD employees?

Also any update on the multiple contact per entry?

Thanks!

Clock3 yrs

It's not started yet.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs