Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Native SFTP client as a tool instead of individual entry

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I would like to see the native SFTP client be usable as a Macro/Tool instead of a pre-defined entry.

For example: Currently, in order to utilize the SFTP connection I would have to define an entry for each of my 700+ servers.

Instead I would like to right click on an existing ssh entry, select 'tools' and have an option to open winscp using the saved address and credentials (or ssh key) in the ssh entry.

Is this currently possible? I have only found a way to pre-define the entry in the same group so far.

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

It's possible to apply an existing template to an entry like you want to do.

Please consult the topic below for more information
http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/macroscripttools_template.htm

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

That is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you.

Clock3 yrs

I wanted to revisit this. As it only partially fills the need we have.

Example Scenario: we have an entry defined as an ssh session, we have that session open already. If I want to open the native sftp client as a template for this session, I have to exit the existing session first. What I would like for the tool to do is open an additional session using the template while the original ssh session is still open.

Essentially I could open up the same session using multiple templates at the same time. I believe it was working that way up-until the latest build. 11.5.0.0.

I've gone back through configurations on each of the templates as well as the macro's and I do not see any flags/switches I can add to open an additional session.

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
It seems to work fine for me when I go back to the dashboard I can see my templates in the Macros/Scripts/Tools tab page.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
Your issue might be related to this:

https://forum.devolutions.net/messages.aspx?TopicID=26084&MessageID=93847#post93847

We are investigating.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Modified existing session + all templates used by macro-tools.
Here are my results.

In the main entry (ssh) and all templates I have 'Allow open multiple connections' set to 'True'
If I open the session using a macro template then open the mail ssh session it works correctly.
If I do the reverse, opening the main ssh session, then attempt to open an additional session with the macro templates it simply jumps back to the original session without opening an additional tab or external window.

I will monitor the other thread.

Thank you for the input.

Clock3 yrs

Additional Update:

It seems to be working after the following:

I had to set the priority of the Macro Templates higher than the original ssh entry.

Once I set the priority of the 'tools' higher than the original entry AND have multiple connections hard set to true (was default) then i'm able to use the tools as we intended.

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
I've made a fix internally for that. This should be in the next minor release.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Great, thank you

Clock3 yrs