Forum / Password Vault Manager - Support

Migrate DB from MSSQL2008 to MSSQL2012

Good day,

What is the recommended steps to migrate my actual working PVM on SQL2008 to SQL2012?

Thanks

Helder

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

We recommend to do a full backup / restore of the database.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

And for the SQL2012. Any specific settings I need ?

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

You haven't mentioned if you are doing an in-place upgrade, what edition you are running, etc.

The Microsoft documentation on the DB side of things is on https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb677622(v=sql.120).aspx

If you are doing an in-place upgrade, I am not aware of any additional steps because normally the DB stays with the original version of its internal schema.

A good recipe is

• Perform a backup using SQL Management Studio, please always use the "Verify backup" option
  • Ensure the backup is in a safe place
  • Advise your users to turn on the offline mode and to do a full refresh (CTRL-F5) before you take the server offline
  • Proceed with Microsoft's guidance from then on

If you are using another server and/or changing server settings, then you need a DBA's assistance.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

No its a new Server with new SQL instal.

Clock3 yrs

I was able to easily migrate using the Studio Wizard from 2012.
Everything seems to be working smootly.

Thanks for the help and time

Clock3 yrs