Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Feature Request

Performance enhancements

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello

I am using RDM on a fairly high end Mac (latest generation i7 / SSD) with storage using devolution online drive.

If the application is (mostly) working I am really seeing very poor performances - it takes ages to open, any UI interaction take a noticeable time, all in all very sluggish.

I think there is real room for improvement on that front...

Clock4 yrs

Hi,

I'm sorry you're experiencing performance issues. May I ask you to try something?

First, quit the instance of RDM if it is currently opened.

I would like you to go where your RDM app is installed (usually the Applications folder), right click on it and click Show Package Contents:
ShowPackageContents%5b1%5d

Afterwards, go into the Contents folder and double click the Info.plist file:
Info.plist

It should open a window with multiple options. Find the Supports Automatic Graphics Switching option and switch it from YES to NO:
SupportsAutomaticGraphicSwitching%5b1%5d

Restart the application and tell me if the performances are better.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

ShowPackageContents[1].png
Info.plist.png
SupportsAutomaticGraphicSwitching[1].png
Clock4 yrs

Hello

I have done that and I can't see any significant difference. Still really sluggish.

To be honest the Windows version (which I also use) isn't super responsive either but the Mac build is super, super slow...

Clock4 yrs

Hi,

What OS X version are you on? What version of RDM do you use? A print screen of your About This Mac window would be appreciated.

Have you been using the app for a long time? Has the performance been better for you at some point?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Here is my "about my mac"

Using the app since beta (0.9) and never found it to be real fast, although possibly even slower recently.

PS: Why does the forum "expire" editing sessions after 1-2 minutes, thus trashing all you input ?!

Clock4 yrs

We do sometimes get report of low UI performances and are always working on improving the experience. If you have the time and are willing to, you could list us more specifically what actions are particularly slow (and an estimate of how much time) so we can focus our efforts.

It's a known bug which is already being investigated by our web development team. Are you connecting to the forum with a forum account or a cloud account?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Well for instance launch time is about 30 sec... that's until I get the UI (after that I guess I have to wait it assets are retrieved from online drive). Will give you more examples.

Forum: I have my own account (not cloud based).

Clock4 yrs