Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Record Session

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

It's not easy to do and it will depend of the recording codec.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Ok, add it to your wishlist.. smile No need to save "empty" recordings.

Clock2 yrs

I'm also eager to wait for the recording function to be adjusted so that the session is only recorded when I'm active and otherwise in PAUSE. Is there any progress?

Clock12 mths

We hope to have this kind of feature for RDM 14. This release is planned for this fall.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock12 mths

Not sure if this is the best place to add this wishlist feature, and if not, please let me know and I'll move it to either a better thread or create a new one.

I would really REALLY like to see an extra option for the recording Source of "Session" or "Window"

Too many times we shoot a short video to show a client how to do something on their server because as the saying goes, "A Picture (screen clip) is worth a thousand words", then a video is worth a million.

However, the problem we have and it's happened a few times by my team already, is that it records the entire RDM application.....Navigation list and all....showing our clients a list of ALL of our clients, and that's just feels a little "Kiss and Tell" to me.

If we could have an option to JUST record the RDP session, that would be amazing.

Thanks!

Clock11 mths

Hi,
This is something on our todo list. It just not as simple as it look but we are working on it.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths

Great! Thank you.

Clock12 mths

Dear David,
Could you give us more detail in term of planning ?

Stéphane

Clock12 mths

If everything goes s planned, this should be the highlight of RDM 14 planned for this summer with the Recording of RDP, ARD, VNC, Wayk and SSH/Telnet sessions.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock12 mths

Bonjour David,
La nouvelle réglementation européenne [RGPD] intègre une notion de preuve et l'intégration de la vidéo en mode automatique dans RDM serait un avantage concurrentiel et différenciateur pour Devolutions. Beaucoup d'organisation sont actuellement en recherche de ce type de solution et se tourne sur des dispositifs type Wallix, Balabit.
Je sais qu'il n'est pas évident de répondre à toutes les demandes d'évolutions des utilisateurs RDM. Mais cette option est attendu depuis plusieurs années comme le montre ce post.
Est-il envisageable de l'avoir dans la version 14 ?

Cordialement,
Stéphane

Clock10 mths

On travaille fort pour mettre ça dans RDM 14. On a des prototypes intéressants avec un mode d'enregistrement léger mais suffisant pour rejouer un video. Le plus gros problème c'est d'éviter de vous faire passer par un proxy qui enregistre et garder RDM comme client RDP.

Cordialement

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths

Any progress?

Clock4 mths

Yes but it was postponed for after RDM 14 and RDM 14 is now available since this morning. This means it's the new priority.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Thanks for the update David, this is still high priority functionality for my organization, so if this can be achieved it would be excellent.

Clock4 mths

Postponed, again.....upset

Clock4 mths

Any progress?

Clock3 mths

Working hard on this. Just to keep you posted, we will support the webm video format. You will be able to convert it eventually.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hello,
will the recorded video store the meta information so that it can be searched for? Like how can you observe IT?
Best regards,
Martin

Clock9 days

No it will not be possible to search for the metadata but you will be able to record any session that you open (no need to install something on the server).

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 days