Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

AnyConnect can't use Macro with Variables

Hi,

I have an AnyConnect VPN Session with the following macro
{WINDOW:AnyConnect}$USERNAME${ENTER}$PASSWORD${ENTER}

I have enabled the Variables on the advanced tab but it dosn't work upset

If I enter the macro without variables it works fine. Where is the problem upset

Greetings

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
The VPN wait time is handled differently in the latest beta (8.0.16). Could you give it a try?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I have tried with 8.0.16 and 8.0.11, same problem

Clock6 yrs

Same Problem with ShrewVPN

2.png
1.png
Clock6 yrs

Hi

First case : Anyconnect

The AnyConnect add-on has the SupportCredentials property false. It also doesnt have the username/password fields in the Detail tab. The code is written in a way that will ignore the $USERNAME$ and $PASSWORD$ fields.

You must be using the credentials controls in the top tab to specify your credentials. We have to decide between hiding the Credential controls that are common to all entries, or to let it pass and extract the value of the variables from the credentials themselves. Arguably you present a valid use case for the latter, but we have to weigh the pros and the cons carefully.

We have to discuss this internally, we'll let you know whats decided.

As a workaround, you can use the custom fields as described here

http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/settings_custom_fields.htm Use the checkboxes at the right to protect the values by encrypting them.

Change your macro to
"{WINDOW:AnyConnect}$CUSTOM_FIELD1${ENTER}$CUSTOM_FIELD2${ENTER}"

I know that this prevents the use of shared credential entry, but thats the easiest solution that is possible right now.

Second case : ShrewSoft VPN

It looks like you entered a username and password as well as choosing a credential entry. That add on was not provided by Devolutions and it also has SupportCredentials = false. The credential entry has precedence over the other information therefore the addon reacts the same way as Anyconnect.

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
Maurice, I think that problem is deeper. RDM is waiting for the Shrewsoft/AnyConnect and is not executing the macro. I will take a look on Monday as soon as I get back to the office

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
I have verified and Maurice is right.

For Shrewsoft, we will need to recreate the add-on. The original author is no longer working on it. André will take care of this

For AnyConnect, I have a solution but it will required a new build an new version of the add-on. You can expect that for the end of the week.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hello !

any news of new build of the AnyConnect add-on ?

Regards

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
This is already updated. Have you tried the latest version?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

it's release 2.3.2.1.
Isn't it possible to record credentials instead of being obliged to enter password during connection ?

Clock6 yrs

You need to create an auto typing macro to send the password since it's not possible to provide the credentials.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

ok i will try the typing macro.
Thanks

Clock6 yrs