Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Macro/Script/Tools

Executing Powershell Script through RDM

Hi I have been attempting to add some powershell scripts to my RDM interface but I am haveing some trouble
understanding the local and remote input interface.

When I add my c:\script.ps1 to the argument feild and set the working directory it tell me that the command line value is empty

so where should I enter the reference to my powershell script ?
edited by robindc on 1/29/2013

Clock6 yrs

The "Arguments" label should actually be "Command line" I've change it locally. It will be in the next beta build.

When it comes to PowerShell, Local vs Remote defines where the PS script runs, not what machine it runs against.

You can have a local PS session runing a WMI query querying info from a remote server, this is still "local". The same task could be done running a remote PS session with a local WMI query querying info.

With that in mind, make sure the with a .ps1 type command line the actual file must be accessible from the machine that it will be running on (local/remote)

I've attached two samples PowerShell configurations.

Note: the help file for Local/Remote PowerShell is not yet finished it only contains a screen shot.

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

MAC.png
Get-Counter.png
Clock6 yrs

Just noticed, creating a new PowerShell(Local) fails. All my "old" PowerShell(Local) session work but new ones are impossible to create. I will get back to you with more information.

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Ok so the fix is done locally, but the good news is I also found a work around.

Follow these steps to create a session tool, will work for any session tool type
SessionToolsWorkAround

Avoid changing types (left side of the window) this is where the bug is, and once clicked the validation will fire on close, even if you are no longer of that type...
PowerShellAvoid

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

PowerShellAvoid.png
SessionToolsWorkAround.png
Clock6 yrs