Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Lingering Remote Control issues

Sorry I wasn't sure what to entitle this as it's quite an odd issue.

If I RDP to a Server (Usually 2008.x) and then setup a gotomeeting inside that session, when I click out of that session (go to another window on the same screen on my local PC), the mouse cursor is sometimes still moving in accordance with what is happening in the remote session!

It doesn't seem to happen if I move my mouse out of the remote session to a window locally on another screen.

I am wondering if it's something to do with the keyboard redirection setting being set to remote so that things like windows key opens windows in remote sessions?

I am running 8.0.9.0

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
I've never saw anything like that but it's not an usual setup. I suspect that if you open it in external mode you won't have the problem.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Ok we have had this issue more and more, I have detailed the steps to reproduce, as prefer our sessions inbuilt.

1) There is an RDP session open to the remote computer in a tab
2) TeamViewer is active in said remote session to let someone else control the session
3) Mouse positioned anywhere over RDM window and another tab is open (be it RDP, SSH or any other connection type)
Mouse moves as the person at remote end of TeamViewer controls it. Clicks don't get passed through to another tab, just mouse movement.
4) mouse moves even if another program window is on top of RDM and that program is focused.

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
I have added a new setting to change the min input interval. This will be in the next beta. I think that by increasing the number, this could reduce the interaction.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

This is still a really serious ongoing problem for us. If we connect to a Server, then connect another support person via teamviewer or other remote functionality, then the control of the cursor is lost if you move the cursor over that area of the screen, even if it's not the same app. It means during these times we can't use that screen!

Clock6 yrs

Have you tried the min input interval setting?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Sorry I missed your reply for some reason though it's showing now. Where is this configured?

Clock6 yrs

It's in the latest beta version, in the RDP settings (Advanced tab)

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Doubled it, made no difference.

Clock6 yrs

Does it happen in external mode as well?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hmm I'll have to check tomorrow and let you know.

Clock6 yrs

Hi Folks!

We've just encountered a similar problem (RDM 9.0):

* Open session1 (RDP, embedded) and start Teamviewer within
* Open anything (another session in RDM, a local Internet Explorer, Explorer Window...)

As the connected Teamviewer user moves his mouse, we can see the movement on every program we opened and on every window.

This does not happen
* if RDM is minimized (so at least it is not interfearing with local started programs, but we can't use RDM anymore)
* or session1 is started externally. (like this we can still use RDM)

So we know how to work around. But this limits the use of RDM quite a bit because we often have opened Teamviewer sessions.

And as we are not alone as it seems it would be cool if you could have a look at that issue.

If you need to know anything else just let me know.

Thanks in advance
Daniel

Clock6 yrs

Hi Daniel,
The problem seems to be that both software are capturing the mouse movement. There is no easy fix unfortunately. Have you tried the min input interval?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

btw. we can confirm this problems with rdm9 & teamviewer

as i use several VMs for my connections i can switch to another VM, but this bug is very annoying

a fix would be great.

maybe its a result of a bug in TV8? i think in TV7 I never had such problem.....

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock6 yrs

David

I tested on the "Teamviewer-RDP" with default setting 100ms, then 500ms and 2000ms. I can't see any difference. Do I have to set something special?

It is Teamviewer Version 8 by the way.

It sounds that this is hard to fix, but I would really appreciate if there was a fix of some sort.

Daniel

Clock6 yrs

Folks, I have an Update

We run RDM (9.1.2.0) 64-bit within our Citrix Admin Session. Tests with TV9 on opened sessions seem to be ok now. No interference of mouse capturing.

Now, I don't know wheter it is the update of RDM to version 9.1.2.0, or the update of TV to version 9 or the change of our desktop (we started RDM directly on an RDP session before, now via Citrix).

But, it works;-)

Clock5 yrs

That's good to know. The only think on our side could be that we use the latest RDP ActiveX.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs