Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - AddOns

OpenVPN addon "Options error: specify only one..."

One of our customer changed the OpenVPN connection settings and now I cannot use the OpenVPN addon to connect. When I import the OpenVPN settings and I try to connect, I end with this error:

---Options error: specify only one of --tls-server, --tls-client, or --secret
Use --help for more information.
---

When I try to connect directly from the OpenVPN, connection is opened without problems. I think that there is somewhere conflict in the paramters passed to the OpenVPN when launching from RDM.

I am using OpenVPN version 1.0.3 and RDM 8.0.11.0.

OpenVPN Settings are:
dev tun
proto udp
ifconfig 172.16.xx.x 172.16.xx.x
secret key20
port 5020
remote xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
comp-lzo
ping 15
ping-restart 45
ping-timer-rem
persist-tun
persist-key
verb 3
tun-mtu 1500
mssfix 1400
route-method exe
route-delay 2
route 192.168.8.0 255.255.255.0

Where is the problem? Could it be somehow corrected?

Thanks for any help

Kamil Sacek (Kine)

Clock6 yrs

Do you think that you could send me the export of the RDM session at support at devolutions.net? You can change modify it a little bit for privacy reason

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Sent to PM
edited by Kine on 1/15/2013

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
I tried to connect with OpenVPN 2.3 but the credential does not work

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Do you really think that I have sent you working config? Of course you cannot use the info to connect. At first, you do not have the secret key and you do not have correct IP (sorry, but the customer information are protected in our company). Problem is, that RDM is even not correctly trying to open the connection. If you needs something more than I have sent you, write me what you need. If you need, I can make a livemeeting with you...

Clock6 yrs

I'm able to get it working with the fake credentials. Of course I can't get a real connection. I have updated the OpenVPN add-on. Could you give it a try and perhaps install the latest openvpn version.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs