Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - AddOns

How to use Toad Add-on

Hi there

I downloaded the toad add-on. However I don't quite get how to connect to a mysql database with this add-on. Could you please provide me with an example?
For example:
host: stage.whatever.com
port: 3306
user: user1
passwort: password01
database: themysqldatabase

Thank you for your help!
Mike Hachen

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
Are you sure that Toad support mySQL?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Toad for mySQL supports mySQL...wink Is this add-on only Toad for Oracle?!
edited by mikehachen on 1/15/2013

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
Yes we only did Toad for Oracle. Perhaps we could take a look at Toad for mySQL.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi

Oh, ok... Well that would be great! Or do you support mySQL Workbench? THAT whould be even better!

Thank you!
Mike Hachen

Clock6 yrs

If you knows the parameters, you can create a command line session:

http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/sessions_commandline.htm

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Cool, thank you for the tip. I will have a look at it.

Mike

Clock6 yrs

Hello Mike

I've started implementing the addon, but the documentation is a nightmare. They give the parameters but no explanations on what is supported and how to actually do the tasks.

What exactly would you like to be supported? The -admin, -query and -model are easy, but I havent had time to research on running python and lua scripts.

Your input would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hello Maurice

Wow, how cool is that!! Thank you for your effort!

Well I searched the documentation myself and I didn't even find the document where the parameters are described. Could you please give me the url?

Thank you very much!
Mike

Clock6 yrs

Hi

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/workbench/en/wb-launching-windows.html

You'll see that sending credentials over the command line is not supported. You have to name an existing Connection or an Instance that you've already created in MySql Workbench. It's not as extensive as we'd like because all technicians have to perform manual steps before being able to use a Session.

There are provisions to run a script (python or Lua). I spent time looking at the possibility of creating connections programatically. A forum post suggest a direction, but nothing concrete.

We'll probably deploy a preliminary version so the users that requested this add-on can start using it and give us suggestions on the features they'd like implemented.

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs