Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Favorites - TreeView

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi Devolutions-Team,

we are managing several hundreds of customers in our RemoteDesktopManager, all organized by Customer and Location, as you can see in the attached screenshot.

RemoteDesktopManager [Dashboard]

Some customers are served by different teams (they use more than one of our applications - Application A, D, E, G), others only by specific teams (they use only one of our applications - Application A). Using the SecurityGroups-function allows us to explicitly define the customers served only by a specific team (Application A), so that only the users in that team can see those entries.

Customers, that are served by multiple teams (Application A, D, E, G) are in a more global SecurityGroup and therefore they are available to all users. And that makes the Treeview a little bit confusing to the users. We´d like our support-teams to only see the users, they are working on.

That means, that we would have to design very complex SecurityGroup-Structures in order to show/hide the customers to the serving team, e.g.
Application A yes, B no, C no, D yes, E yes, F yes, G no in every possible combination of our applications. If a customer buys the next application we`d have to change the SecurityGroup in the customer´s root...

We thought about using the Favorites, but there is no treeview to represent the whole group structure of our customers. The favorites only display single entries.
Another idea was to Link the whole Customer-Groups to application-specific groups for our teams. Unfortunately groups cannot be linked, only single entries.

Could this be a great new feature or is there any workaroung available for our problem?

Thanks for your support

RemoteDesktopManager [Dashboard].png
Clock3 yrs

Hello,

The solution is to use shortcuts. http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/tipsandtricks_shortcuts.htm You would create another folder for the support teams, then create shortcuts to existing sessions in that folder.

The only problem that you can experience with shortcuts occurs when entries are set to use Inherited credentials, Let me know if this is the case.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi Maurice,

thanks for the prompt reply on my topic.

I don´t think, that your solution solves my problem, though it´s a good idea.
As I cannot create shortcuts on groups, I have to "shortcut" every single entry in my sessions. Btw that´s what I meant by "Link the whole Customer-Groups"

RemoteDesktopManager [Dashboard] 1635

In the screenshot you can see, that the servers of different customers are named BROKER01. If I create a shortcut on these entries, I get two BROKER01 in my favorite-Folder...

That means, that I would have to rebuild the whole customer-structure in my Favoriten-Group. That is a lot of work to do...

Why is there no possibility to create shortcuts on groups?
I think, that would help.

Best regards,
Henning

RemoteDesktopManager [Dashboard]_1635.png
Clock3 yrs

I will let David answer your feature request, I only intervened to propose a solution.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
I will enter a feature request to display the favorite as a tree view. This will be the simpler solution.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi David,
hi Maurice,

thank you so much for your support.

Regards

Clock3 yrs