Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Support

Limit Login Access to AD User Groups

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

It seems as of now the two choices for user account creation are:
1 - Create users manually to allow access
2 - Allow AD Auto-Creation by any valid domain login.

Is it possible to require a specific AD Group membership in order to login--irrespective of the AD Group <-> Rights Membership groups? The end result would be that the 'public' or non-security group controlled contexts would only be visible to users that were part of the original AD Access group rather than just anyone with a valid AD login.

Clock4 yrs

Good idea. I will add this to our todo list.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

How can I allow users from AD Security group to access Devolutions server thru RDM Client (without adding users manually). Like instead of adding users manually (one-by-one) how can I grant access to Datasource using AD Security group.

For now I a am able to grant access to individual AD users to the datasource.

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

To allow users from AD Groups to access Devolutions Server automatically, you have to activate the Auto create domain users in database option in the Authentication tab of the Server Settings.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

2016-10-17_8-05-52.png
Clock3 yrs

Thanks a lot for response Erica.
What if I have 2200 Users, dose that option create 2200 users in DB(SQL Server), or you are referring to some other database (Devolutions DB)

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

This option will create the user on his first login to the Devolutions Server.

In the next version of Devolutions Server, there will be a tool to do a massive import and creation of AD users.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello Team,

How can grant access to users using RDM on Datasorce from other domain (xyz.com) trusted to Devolutions Server domain (abc.com).
I want all users from xyz.com domain accessing datasource (Devolutions server) installed on abc.com domain.

Note: xyz.com--TRUST RELATIONSHIP--abc.com

Clock3 yrs

Hello Aammir,

As Maurice's response into that topic (https://forum.devolutions.net/topic26262-windows-active-directory-integration.aspx?lastpage=1#post98493)

Hello Aammir,Multi-Domain features are in the Platinum edition (https://server.devolutions.net/Home/FeaturesGrid), we are in the final testing phase of this feature as we speak.Since there is no relationship between the forum credentials and the transactions of our CRM, I cannot identify your account. Have you purchased the DVLS subscription already?Best regards,

I hope that answer will help you.

Best Regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs