Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Import/Export Selective Entries via Criteria etc.

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Would it be possible to do a selective export with or without credentials based on criteria or classify a connection? Scenarios for me would be as follow: (Personal PC & LT and a work PC with different amount of connections among the three devices.)

Examples:

Personal PC – 80 connections (work and personal)
Personal LT – 70 Connections (10 connections not needed on laptop)
Work PC – 60 Connections (20 personal connections not needed on the work PC)

I would like to be able to create multiple connections on the work PC on Monday for example and classify it as them as “work” connections and be able to export those connections on Friday for importing on my two home machines. I would use the criteria of “work” for “this week”.

The resulting single “.rdm” file would have all of the newly created “work” connections with their supporting nested locations and credentials. If classifications are not feasible or if the RDM community would not choose to use classifications (Work, Home or Personal, and mobile) then the ability to export new connections based on criteria would be day or week etc.

When you start off using RDM then it’s not a big deal to export all and import into another device however, once you start adding more and more and moving connections into folders it becomes time consuming to see which connection is missing on my personal laptop which is on my personal PC or work PC.

Also the ability to hide/unhide a connection is a thought for temp connections… I had connections to an office for 7 months so I exported it to a single file and deleted it from all devices. When I’m asked to reconnect to that office for a project I would need to import and connect. In this scenario I would have simply hide/un-hide the folder or connection. Keeping the file hidden would (a) keep the information in RDM and (2) avoid possible delete of exported “.rdm” file or corruption of that file.

Maybe a way to compare “.rdm” files and import selected entries???

Clock6 yrs

In looking into the features of RDM I see the "Status" flags so I created a group called disabled and imported a site connection which may become a valid connection again in future. So in doing so It will be in RDM and it's disabled. Also setting a sort priority as well helps so the hide/unhide option would not be needed.

Clock6 yrs

Felix Vigo wrote:

In looking into the features of RDM I see the "Status" flags so I created a group called disabled and imported a site connection which may become a valid connection again in future. So in doing so It will be in RDM and it's disabled. Also setting a sort priority as well helps so the hide/unhide option would not be needed.

Would it be possible to mark a folder as disabled via status and then have the properties cascade to any folders or connections that are moved or dragged into the disabled folder?

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
I have entered 2 different features request for that. It's a little bit complicated to add but I see how this could be useful?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

In making a folder and it's content as disabled show also prevent those selections from being available via the filter option. Case in point I have two connections called the same thing since they access a website for which I have two logins which correspond to two different offices.

One is enabled and the other is disabled. So in using the filter it pulled the connection alphabetically which happened to be for the "D" office which is disabled instead of the "H" office which is enabled. So if you can adjust the filter to ignore status disabled and expired that would help.

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
This is now added to my todo
edited by dhervieux on 1/16/2013

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs