Forum / Password Vault Manager - Support

Blank Page when Standard version is opened

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello
I'm brand new to this whole scene. I downloaded the "Standard" version of PVM a couple of days ago and all was going well till this morning. I have no idea what I did but when I enter my master password open PVM now I get a totally blank page, no dashboard, nothing. If I double click on the very bottom of the page where it says entries and gives the number, I get a seperate pop-up screen with my entries listed. But I don't have the page that lets me make new entries, edit entries, pick groups, etc. How do I get that original opening page back ??

Clock6 yrs

Could you try to delete all the .lyt files in the %LocalAppData%\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager folder

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I have no idea where to find that folder.

Clock6 yrs

I tried searching my folders and don't find the folder. I also searched for *.lyt files and got no hit.

Clock6 yrs

Type that in the Windows Explorer bar

%LocalAppData%\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager

For this is a shortcut to

C:\Users\dhervieux\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager

where dhervieux is my username

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

No luck, that gave me a folder called "TheGreenBowVPN" which opened a folder called "Connections" and that was empty.

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
my mistake, I think you need to open the one for Password Vault Manager:

%LocalAppData%\Devolutions\PasswordVaultManager

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Howdy

Ok - I was able to open that file and I found 2 files inside that were .lyt files. I deleted them both. When I signed back into PVM my page was no longer blank. Now I have a listing of my accounts on the left side of the page under a navigation bar, but I still have no dashboard or context menu. We are half way there though.

Clock6 yrs

Could you try to do a Reset Layout from the ribbon tab page Windows?

If it does not help, close PVM delete the files passwordvaultmanager.cfg and passwordvaultmanager.ext

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

How do I do "Could you try to do a Reset Layout from the ribbon tab page Windows?" ?

Clock6 yrs

Could you post a print screen of what you have?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I feel like an idiot..... How do I print that screen ? When I hit print screen I get nothing.

Clock6 yrs

I was able to copy screen but I can't paste it to this box. Can I email it to you ? If so need email address.

Clock6 yrs

Send it at support at devolutions.net

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

sent

Clock6 yrs

That did it !!!! Thank you for your time and very, very much for your patience !!!!

Clock6 yrs