Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Add refresh button to Check Is Online window

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

It would be nice to have a refresh button next to the OK button on the check is online window. This will save time re-opening the function.

Thanks
Kevin

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
Could you post a print screen of the Check Is Online dialog? I'm not sure which one your are talking about.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Either of these options would be amazing. When you are waiting for a server to reboot, you have to close the check is online window and re-open it. having a refresh or auto refresh option would rock.

2016 03 23 07 55 44 Remote Desktop Manager

2016-03-23 07_55_44-Remote Desktop Manager.png
Clock3 yrs

Good point.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

The next beta release will include Refresh / Auto Refresh features inside the Check Is Online window. Also, it will now be possible to leave the window opened while doing other tasks within the application.

Best Regards,

Dany Gauthier

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Dany Gauthier wrote:

Hi,

The next beta release will include Refresh / Auto Refresh features inside the Check Is Online window. Also, it will now be possible to leave the window opened while doing other tasks within the application.

Will we be able to set an auto refresh interval also for the "check host availability" feature? Because now on the navigation panel/tree view list the hosts become red if they are offline but its not refreshing automatically, it only refreshes when you press F5 (it doesnt refresh with the auto refresh you set on the data source settings).

It would be great if this auto refreshed too. Thanks.

PS. I'm using RDM Free and also tested this on the enterprise version trial.

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
The auto refresh interval is on our todo list. I'm also worried of the performance impact of this kind of feature but it's really something we want to add.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
The auto refresh interval is on our todo list. I'm also worried of the performance impact of this kind of feature but it's really something we want to add.

Regards

I have (as of now) 700 entries and when i press F5 with the "check host availability" feature turned on (so the names on the tree list become red if offline) it takes aproximately 1 minute to check all the entries. While it is refreshing the online status of the entries, the program is not noticeable slower, so I would put the refresh interval to 5 minutes and this would make RDM an even more essential tool for me.

Clock3 yrs

I just got a chance to try out the new feature, it looks and works great. Thank you so much for making such a wonderful product. My whole team lives in it all day every day.

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

We'll have a new option for executing the online check automatically each X amount of minutes. You will be able to set this option either in the new menu for background services (see the screenshot) or in the File > Options where the "Is Online" settings currently are. This is planned for next version of RDM.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

2016-04-26 14-04-09.jpg
Clock3 yrs

Thanks guys, this is a great feature. Will this be available also on the Free version of RDM?

Clock3 yrs

Hello David,
I'm not sure for now if this will be included in the free edition. We have to discuss about that.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Hello David,
I'm not sure for now if this will be included in the free edition. We have to discuss about that.

Regards

Hoping it will be. Thanks for your response.

Clock3 yrs