Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Android - Feature Request

View Password - Password not in cleartext

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,
the View Password Option from the menu shows the Username, Domain and the Password for the respective entry. I think it would be better that at least the password are masked and a additional button - maybe left from the existig copy button for show the password in cleartext...
or
a additional option from the menu to copy username / copy password to the clipboard - so the option View Password must not be used for password copy.
...other opinions are welcome wink

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
We could add an option for that because I know that this was a request to avoid two operations. We could set the option to hide the password (for security reason) by default. What do you think?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi David,
for my opinion the View Password Option should be masked by default (like the View --> Login) - the eye icon from there should be add to the View Password Dialog - left from the copy icon - so the copy icons all on the right side and only for the password the additional eye icon appears.
Attached a image how it might look.

RDM-Android-DefaultPasswordHide.png
Clock4 yrs

I agree with you.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Nice smile
So there is a chance that this feature will be implemnted in one of the next realeses? wink

Clock4 yrs

Nicolas will be able to answer this Monday but if it's not the next, it will be soon. We release a new version each month and I'm not sure if the team will be able to include it for the next one.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Ok, that sounds not so bad smile
Thank you!
Regards

Clock4 yrs

Hi Min,

We should be able to include it in the next release.

If something comes up and we are not able to, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello Nicolas,

perfect - Thank you!

P.S. this would also concern the IOS App wink

Regards,
Min

Clock4 yrs

Hi Min,

The Show/Hide password button has been added to the Android version and it will be part of the next release (next week).

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello Nicolas,

with Version 1.5 it works perfect - Thank you!

Just for info - would it be possible that the copied password after a specified time are overwritten with a "dummy" or a empty string? (like in the windows program) wink

Thank you!

Regards,
Min

Clock4 yrs

Hi Min,

Thank you for your feedback. We will add your request to our todo list.
However, please note that Android is not very secure with the clipboard.
Some special applications can be installed that log everything that is copied to the clipboard.
Even if overwrite what is copied, the first value that was copied will still appear in the special application logs.

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs