Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

VMWAre vCenter and Hyper-V Sync?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

is it possible to sync the complete virtual machine structure from VMWare vCenter and Hyper-V?
We have a test environment here and as the VM-Structure changes very often, we would like to have this.
ASG Remote Desktop support this (manually)

Regards,
Georg

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

With our new family of "Synchronizers", I had seen a possibility of having variants for AWS, VMWare, Xen, Hyper-V, etc.

Since we are community driven, I guess we'll see about doing these two first wink

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi Maurice - I wanted to follow up on what Georg had asked.

Populating an RDM structure based solely on the folder structure of vmware would be super useful for us as well. VMware is our primary source for all of our servers.

Do you happen to know if there's been any forward movement on this Maurice?

Thanks so much!

Tom Carson

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

No advancement yet, it's not even prioritized yet as we are in the final push of releasing RDM 11.5 and DVLS 3.2.

Maybe after, I cannot say for sure.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Thanks Maurice, I appreciate the answer smile

Clock3 yrs

... any news about that? Now we have 6 months later and 11.7.2.0 already...

Thank!

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
I have updated the priority for this. I will let you know as soon as we start the development.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Thanks David, we're on the edge of our respective seats! lol smile

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

We will begin working on these synchronizers this week.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

The Hyper-V synchronizer should be available in the next beta of RDM. For the VMWare synchronizer, it is in the testing phase but we should have it ready for RDM 12, if not for the next RDM beta too.

EDIT: The VMWare synchronizer will also be available in the next beta.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Awesome job on the VMware Synchronizer. Is there any plans to have an option to allow preservation of the folder structure from vCenter? This would be useful for managing user access permissions on each folder, in the same way we can do within vCenter. Would also be nice to allow for the selection of a base (vCenter) folder, similar to using a base DN in the Active Directory synchronizer.

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Funny that you should ask, we didnt plan on it as of yet because we didnt have a vCenter. Many users requested that our vmware console be adapted for vCenter as well. Without access to a live system, it was deemed to hard to come up with good support for that technology.

Luckily, just this week in fact, we have just purchased our first licence of vCenter and we'll be able to take a look at what we can do.

This was NOT prioritized in any fashion and was just an opportunity we took when we needed new virtualization hardware. I cannot make any promises as to what we'll do and when. All we can say for now is that we'll have a serious look at this.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

are there any news about the vCenter feature?
I don't know what I am doing wrong but the new VMWare Synchronizers do not work for me.
Neither on a standalone host nor on a vCenter.
We use version 6.0U2 (soon 6.5) and have about 200-220 VMs with about 10 hosts.

Regards,
Georg

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

vCenter is not supported yet. Please open a ticket in the "Bug" or "Help" forum to get help with the synchronizer. We also will need the logs.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs