Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

Latest update to Microsoft Remote Desktop - version - 8.0.27 breaks Remote Desktop Manager

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

I just updated my Microsoft Remote Desktop to the version released on March 14. Remote Desktop Manager is not able to RDP to Windows machines any more. It shows an error on the bottom of the screen "Unable to find Microsoft Remote Desktop. Get it". It was working till the update was done. I can open the Microsoft Remote Desktop by itself to connect and it works fine. I wonder why Remote Desktop Manager is not able to find the application. Does anyone else face the same issue?

Thanks,
Aby

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
I will assign this to our Mac dev team. They will verify this.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi,

Are you connecting in external mode? Is that what you mean when you say that RDM can't find the RDP application?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Thanks, Xavier. I have set the "Display" option as "External". The error message is displayed on the bottom status bar and disappears after a few seconds.

Clock4 yrs

Any update on this? Is there a way to manually tell it where the RDP program path is located?

Clock4 yrs

Sorry for the delay.

It seems that the latest version of Microsoft Remote Desktop is (for whatever reason) spelled MicrosoftRemoteDesktop.app (without the spaces).

We'll fix it on our side. In the mean time, you can rename your MicrosoftRemoteDesktop.app to Microsoft Remote Desktop.app and it should work again.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Awesome! It worked. Thanks Xavier.

Clock4 yrs

Confirm temporary resolution by renaming app with spaces.
But each AppStore update (latest today 20 march) needs renaming.

Clock4 yrs

I know and I'm sorry for the inconvenience. We've made it so RDM search both the app with and without the spaces. It'll therefore no longer requires you to rename the Microsoft Remote Desktop app.

I'll inform you when the next release is out.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi,

The latest version of RDM (3.5.1.0) is now out and include a fix for this issue.

You can download it at the following link:
http://mac.remotedesktopmanager.com/Home/Download

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs