Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Support

DVLS and Two Factor Authentication (DUO)

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

We have been using RDM with a SQL back end for years. Now we have a 2FA requirement.
The limitations with 2FA and SQL does not work for us so we are now evaluating the DVLS server.

I have set up the server, and it works with AD authentication.

I then enabled 2FA and set it to DUO.
When clicking "Check" it says success.
L+17++2016+03+09+15+05+46+cdc+s+rdm01+++Remote+Desktop+Connection

I can logon to the DVLS serverwebsite via my bowser, and here DUO works.

When trying to logon via the RDM client I get an error:
"Value cannot be null."
"Parameter name: source"
L+17++2016+03+09+15+08+49+Devolutions+++Devolutions+Server+(TRIAL)+++Message+(HTML)

My source setup:
L+17++2016+03+09+15+10+47+

L-17__2016-03-09 15_05_46-cdc-s-rdm01 - Remote Desktop Connection.jpg
L-17__2016-03-09 15_08_49-Devolutions - Devolutions Server (TRIAL) - Message (HTML).jpg
L-17__2016-03-09 15_10_47-.jpg
Clock4 yrs

Hello,

Are you using the DVLS version 3.1.0.0?

If it is correct, can you please upgrade your RDM to version 11.1.0.0. You can download it here http://remotedesktopmanager.com/Home/Download.

If you still get this error, please click on the Send Error Report button at the bottom right of the Error message dialog.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

We have been able to reproduce your issue.

This behavior can be reproduce when our computer isn't connected to internet. RDM try to contact the Duo Server for the authentication but doesn't get any answer from it, then RDM trigger the same error as you got.

Are you able to connect to internet with the computer where RDM is installed? Have you any Firewall or Proxy configuration to access to internet?

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

The server have Internet Access and I am using the newest versions.
Hovewer I rebooted the server and then it started working.

Clock4 yrs