Forum / Password Vault Manager - Support

Display Username

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hallo,

I am currently using Passwordvault with the Chrome extension. At some pages (e.g. my web administration page) I have multiple logins (like administrator, reseller, domains, e-mail, ....). After importing these credentials from KeePass every entry looks like the domain e.g. "www.google.com" for each entry.

Is there any option to display the username? Would be much easier to choose the correct credentials to use for login.

Clock3 yrs

Stefan,

I like the idea. We will add it to our to-do list. Should be easy to add.

Best regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

In the mean time, maybe you could use our $USERNAME$ variable in the name of the entry.

Set the field to something like "google $USERNAME$"

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hallo Maurice,

is ther an option to batch rename all entries by adding $USERNAME$ as suffix (for free edition)? (only my password entries because I am using Remotedesktop Manager too)

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Are you using Password Vault Manager or Remote Desktop Manager?

Your password entries are credential entries right?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello

PVM doesnt have the batch edit - batch actions feature, but since you also hold RDM you could connect to the PVM database and perform the change from there. You must use the Custom Powershell Command.

The command would be

$connection.Name = $connection.Name + " `$USERNAME`$"
$RDM.Save();

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Ok that worked fine. I tried now to rename every entry and wanted to get ADDRESS (USERNAME) e.g. http://www.google.com (noreply@googlemail.com)

I checked http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?settings_variables.htm to get the variable $HOST$ but I was unable to use it. I tried:

• $connection.Name = "$HOST$ (`$USERNAME`$)"
  • $connection.Name = "`$HOST`$ (`$USERNAME`$)"
  • $connection.Name = $connection.Host + " (`$USERNAME`$)"

Can you please tell me how to use it (or a link to any documentation of working with batch)?

(Is there any possibility to connect to the datasource using C#.Net and iterate throught all entries and edit them?)

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Sadly the URL is not stored in the HOST field, it is not accessible using a variable at this time...

For the SDK, for what you mean to achieve it's really Powershell.

To this day, the best way to identify the fields to modify is by using our Clipboard - copy feature. You will see the names of the XML fields. The existing variables match the field names.

Sorry for not having a better answer.

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Sorry I just realized something

It is not available in the Variables, but we could write a full PowerShell script to achieve your goal.

Something like https://forum.devolutions.net/topic18904-how-to-programatically-change-group-fiolder-properties-and-session-properties.aspx

Let me know if you want to use this.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs