Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Support

Push personal vault in to DS instance?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Been a solo user for a few years and have convinced boss to take a look. I have setup the server, SQL, SSL, AD integration, and security groups. I exported and imported selected entries, but the credential information (details) got dropped. The entries are there but the username, domain, passwords are not. I did not have security groups setup in local but do have in DS. Not sure if they were there when I did first import. So to sum it up, what can I do to push my personal repository with full details but selected entries into the DS for use by others?

Thanks

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

You must do two imports, one in the general tree view, the other in the private vault. Its best to have to csv files.

In the original export, had you checked the "Include Credentials" option? It is not on by default

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

I did not have the credentials checked on export. I was able to do a proper export and import. Now it is a matter of working with the group/role security settings. We expect three classes of uses (exclude admin) full consultants who can do most anything but delete. Limited consultants who can use most connections but not edit or view credentials. And contractors who can use only assigned connections and see very little detail.
Roles seems to be the right level of detail for this while groups seems to be a way of working with users separate from the roles but it is not clear. I have a security groups and roles but assigning someone to either or both doesn't seem to change the user's rights in the server console display. Will do separate forum post if I cannot resolve.

Thanks

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

Remember : Security groups are for entries, Roles are for people

If your security groups are named like you would an AD Group, it's almost a sure sign that it will be hard to maintain.

Security Groups are what you assign to containers, you then Grant to permissions to users/roles against these Security groups, its a level of indirection.

let us know if you have a hard time putting this in place.

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs