Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Export Passwords Clear Text

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

there is an option for exporting the entrys and passwords, but the only way for cleartext is the .csv Format and the formatting isn't good for human reading.

It would be great, when clear text is available for the other formats (or my wish for HTML), because we want to print our passwords and do it in our safe-deposit box. To avoid corrupt databases, fire and other possible problems (in the case RDM isn't available).

Filtering the information to export, would be the next step.

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Is using PowerShell not an option?

You seem to have specific expectations for the format, and there's a good chance that another user would have other needs. Using Powershell would allow you to format the document exactly how you desire.

If you look at https://forum.devolutions.net/topic16152-custom-export-to-csv.aspx you will see that it's a small script. You can schedule it with the tool of your choice and have this automated.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi Maurice,

thanks for your answer.

it's a option, but I do'nt get it to run. All I want is Sessionname, Connection, Username, Password...

But I think it is easy to implement into Remote Desktop Manager (is a export without the encryption on the HTML File).

Best Regards,
Pacman

Clock3 yrs

Unfortunately it a security choice we've made to not make it easy to export the password in clear. What you can do is create a DVD with the html on it and a simple password that you could write on a post-it. You will be able to store the password list in your safe-deposit.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

That's sad.

Because Paper is better than a DVD or USB Drive (What can I do, when the DVD or USB Drive is corrupt?).

Why not a html file in a password protected zip like the .csv file (because that's also unprotected, when it's unpacked)?

I have now a lot formatting now to do with the .csv, and our old tool Keepass can do it so easy. Maybe we should go back to Keepass and save the money for the licence renewal?

I don't think we are the only company that wants that feature.

Clock3 yrs

We could add an option to export the html in the same way as the csv (passworded zip, unencrypted file). We'll add this to our todo list, thank you for your feedback.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

I wanted to let you know we will have this feature available in the next version of RDM. There will be an option in the export settings window to remove the encryption on the passwords, which will put the HTML file in a password protected zip file.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Great! Thanks!

Clock3 yrs