Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Privat folder

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hey,

we use RDM with MS SQL. It will be nice that every user can add a privat folder for own credetials and entries, where nobody can acces, exept the owner.

Greetings

Clock6 yrs

Same for RDMS! I use a local datasource as a workaround, but a private ("home") folder would be nicer

Clock6 yrs

Great idea! Do you have an idea how visual I could separate them? Perhaps another tree root?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Yes I think a nother tree root is the best and easiest way.

Clock6 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Great idea! Do you have an idea how visual I could separate them? Perhaps another tree root?

i would love these feature too!

Clock6 yrs

Hi David,

I'm interested in this feature too, already have a date for this new realese.

Thanks

Clock6 yrs

The v9.0 is planned to be in beta in about a month. However this feature is not implemented yet.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Dear David,
please think about the following points.
- give administrator the ability to disallow privat folders or to give Administrators access to the privat folders. (like Windows Users folders)
- provide special rights, eg. if a user can normaly just view(and open)sessions, he should be able to add and edit sessions in his privat folder, same copy/view password for sessions in private folder.

Clock6 yrs

Good points

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi,

In addition, some fields in private folder, such as the password, the visibility of these must be controlled only by the owner of the folder. Not being possible for the administrator change this parameter.

To ensure that in the case of private folders, passwords placed there can only be seen by the owner of the folder, if it so wishes.

Regards,

NG

Clock6 yrs

Hi folks

I've just found this thread.

We have around 20 (admin-)users who use RDM in a datacenter environment. Everyone has their own domain account (of course). Sometimes even two or more accounts (different privilege levels for testing). These accounts are private even to the RDM admin. So I would welcome a private credential section feature.

As I've already seen here I would propose that this section is a seperate tree in the navigation or a subtree under credentials.

If it is somehow possible it would be nice that this private section is stored somehow in the SQL Database. So if a profile gets killed one does not have to set up everything again. (Or is there an easy way to backup one's custom data?)

I think it's a very interesting feature. David, what do you think? Any chance to see this feature within the next few months? That would be great!

(By the way: RDM is a really awesome software, even without that feature;-)

Regards
neocid

Clock6 yrs

Hi Daniel,
If you take a look at RDM 9.0 Beta you will see the private folder section. It another tab next the favorite and it contains all the user private sessions. It's not perfect yet but this should be improved soon. This is stored in the database and per user.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

hi david,
cannot find that feature

i have tabs: all entries, opened, favorites, most recently, tools

RDMS 2.1.2.0, RDM 8.9.10.0

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock6 yrs

Good Morning David

Thanks for your answer! I just installed 8.9.10.0 beta and voilà there is the private vault!

So I saved two of my Windows AD accounts as credential entries in this private vault.

Now I want to use them with our example RDP session entry under "All Entries". Where can I do this? If I choose "My personal credentials" (either in general or user specific settings) I can't choose any of my private credential:-( Or is there another way I just don't see?

Daniel

Clock6 yrs

@SMG

Sorry about that. The Private vault feature will be available this week for RDMS. It requires a server update.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I have updated RDMS and RDM to support the private vault

http://download.devolutions.net/RDMS/RDMS.2.2.0.0.zip
edited by dhervieux on 9/2/2013

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

@Daniel

RDM 8.9.11 now support the private vault in the user specific settings

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hey David

As already written in the beta thread: Thanks a lot! Now it works like a charm with beta 8.9.11.0!

Cheers
Daniel

Clock6 yrs

hi david,
this is an awesome feature!
i was just about to request it ...

as we are still using RDM 6.5.1.0 with MSSQL: what happens if i would start the beta 8.9.11.0 application? will all users still be able to use their 6.5.1.0 until i roll out the next release? or is there an impact (db structure change)?

also i saw there is a 64bit-version (RemoteDesktopManager64.exe). will this be executed on a 64bit-environment even if "RemoteDesktopManager.exe" is launched? or do we have to update the links on each machine?

thanks in advance for your return!

http://www.gpunktschmitz.com

Clock6 yrs

@Guenther Schmitz

Usually you can use the beta with the RDM 8.X but with an older version, I can't recommend it because it will be easy to create an incompatibility.

We will release the final version by the end of the month so maybe you should wait or install both. RDM works great side by side with another version as long as the second one is not installed in program files. For example you can install it in C:\RDM\v9.0

Use the zip file to extract it.

About RDM64 it included in the installer but there is no shortcut yet. It still recommended to use the 32 bit version because it supports more connection type. Indeed some technology just doesn't work well in 64 bit.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs