Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Extra field for Column Chooser: Is Virtual Machine

• Create an Issue

Hi,

In the field in the sessions 'Is Virtual Machine', we have listed our VMWare servers.

It would be great if we could have this field in the Column Chooser.

Now we duplicate the value in Is Virtual Machine to Custom Field 1, which works, but we have to enter the information twice.

Kind regards,
Ray

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
I will try to add this for the next release.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Thank you, that's great!

Clock3 yrs

Any progress on this?

Clock3 yrs

Hello Raymond,

Unfortunately we haven't yet included this but we'll work on adding the "Is virtual machine" checkbox value to the column chooser for the next beta version. Look forward to it! smile

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi there-
Any updates on this? To clarify, I dont believe the OP was looking to add the check box to the field chooser, but rather the value in the Server field when using this option. As the OP does, we also store the VMware machine name in the Server field and it would very helpful to view this as a column (we're also currently using a custom field as well to get around this issue).

Thanks!

Clock2 yrs

@Timothy

What version of RDM are you running?

In RDM 12.0.8.0, you can add the Is virtual machine column in the Navigation pane. Right click on the name column and select column chooser to add the column.
2017 02 20 20 05 45

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

2017-02-20_20-05-45.jpg
Clock2 yrs

I'm on 12.0.11.0, and I don't have the Is Virtual Machine in column chooser. Also, the column I would like to see is listed as Server under the Is Virtual Machine heading.

So, in this image, I would like to see the VM001 in the list.

rdm.jpg
Clock2 yrs

@Raymond,

What do you have in column chooser? Strange that you don't see Is virtual machine. Here's what you should see
2017 02 21 07 41 39

Could you post a print screen of yours. Please note that you need to do a right-click on the Name column in the Navigation Pane and select Column Chooser.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

2017-02-21_07-41-39.jpg
Clock2 yrs

Attached...

rdm.jpg
Clock2 yrs

@Raymond,

Is it possible that you are doing your right-click -> Name -> Column Chooser in the Dashboard instead of the Navigation Pane?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

I see what you mean now. I have an option for Is Virtual Machine in the Navigation Pane.

I'm looking for the Server (under Is Virtual Machine) in the content pane, when I click on a folder in the navigation pane!

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

I had a chat with our engineering department and this column will be added to the Dashboard as well.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

That's great, thank you!

Clock2 yrs

Raymond Jansen wrote:

I'm looking for the Server (under Is Virtual Machine) in the content pane, when I click on a folder in the navigation pane!

This is exactly what we're looking for as well.

Jean-François Dagenais wrote:

Hello,
I had a chat with our engineering department and this column will be added to the Dashboard as well. \
Best regards,

Great news! Thanks!

Clock2 yrs