Sign in to database

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

we are trying to connect to our microsoft database with a different port: 1440

in the normal version you use this: server\rdm,1440 as a server connection

how to do this in the android app?

Clock4 yrs

Hi Tim.
To be honest we never tried. I will ask our dev team to test this.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

wow.. that was a quick response!

looking forward to your answer smile

Clock4 yrs

Hi Tim.

The server string uses the same format as on Windows [server\instance,port]. However it seems that there is currently a bug that causes connection to fail when connecting to a named instance with a custom port. We will do our best to fix this bug for the next release, which should be coming later this month.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

OK, thanks for keeping us up to date.

we'll keep an eye out for the new release.

Clock4 yrs

Hi Tim,

After investigating further, I believe we will not be able to support server connection strings with both an instance name and a custom port. However you should be able to connect to your database using either the port or the instance name alone. Please try entering the IP address of the server followed by the port number of the named instance (e.g. 192.168.0.1,2222).

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Benoit Racine wrote:

Hi Tim,

After investigating further, I believe we will not be able to support server connection strings with both an instance name and a custom port. However you should be able to connect to your database using either the port or the instance name alone. Please try entering the IP address of the server followed by the port number of the named instance (e.g. 192.168.0.1,2222).

This worked!
the program works fine at this moment, if possible we would like to know if in the upcoming update there will be a change in the view section of the clients.
We store a lot of information in a contact and at this moment the information is not visible. Also the added files are not accessible.

Other then that the program seems to work fine!

Clock4 yrs

Hi Tim,

When you mention the view section of the client, do you mean what appears when you press the View option menu for the contact ?
Can you provide more details on the type of information that you would like to be displayed ?

For the added files, you would like to be able to see and open the attachments ?

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Nicolas Dufour wrote:

Hi Tim,

When you mention the view section of the client, do you mean what appears when you press the View option menu for the contact ?
Can you provide more details on the type of information that you would like to be displayed ?

For the added files, you would like to be able to see and open the attachments ?

Best Regards,

Yes we would like to open the added pdf and excel files on our phones as well.

Regarding the viewing on the mobile app, in the added picture i put the text this information is not visible, that part is missing on the phone.. and we happen to store our client information under that part.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5464E7D2CB7109ED!4458&authkey=!AMyYotqc1ulBGzI&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

Clock4 yrs

Hi Tim,

Thank you for the information. Your requests have been added to our todo list.
Please note that we are in the final testing phase of our February release.
Therefore, your requests will not be included in the February release.
However, we will do our best to include them in our March release.

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

No problem, if you need any help with beta testing let me know smile

Clock4 yrs

Hi Tim,

Here is a small update. The description view feature has been completed.
However, the feature could not make it through for next week's release. It will be part of the may release.

The view attachment feature is currently under development. It will also be part of the may release.

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

cool. thnx for keeping me informed !

Clock4 yrs

Hi Tim,

We just wanted to inform you that the description field and the view attachment functionality will be part of the next release (which is planned for next week).

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Nicolas Dufour wrote:

Hi Tim,

We just wanted to inform you that the description field and the view attachment functionality will be part of the next release (which is planned for next week).

Best Regards,

looking forward to it !

Clock4 yrs