Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Remove the need to have access to a password to be able to copy the hostname of a session

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I have a bunch of RDP sessions configured in RDM that are using a Keepass credential from my Credential Repository.
Every time when I try to copy the hostname of the RDP session by using the Righ-Click -> Clipboard -> Copy Host Name I get prompted for my Keepass database password which I have to type in and then it puts the name into the clipboard.
It would be great to allow people to be able to copy the host name without having access to the credential entries.

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

I see what you mean. I have assigned this topic to our engineering department to see if something can be done.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

As a workaround for the moment, open Keepass with the proper database and you will not be prompted to open it when you will do the copy host name.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

That is exactly what I was having to do however that is not good because I also have Keepass automatically close after a certain duration of time for security reasons.
Looking forward to having RDM support the ability of allowing a copy type operation without the access to the credential entry it self smile

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

This issue will be fixed in the next version of RDM.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs