Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Access Denied on Get-RDMSessionPassword

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

I'm writing a script that reads sessions properties in a file and makes sure our RDM Datasource is up to date.
To avoid polluating the entry log and also for performances reasons, I'm not overwriting the Session Properties but rather:
- Create the session if the session does not exist
- Read the current property in RDM
- Write the property if the one in RDM is different than the one in the reference file.

This works fine for all Get-RDMSessionProperty and for Get-RDMSessionUsername but I get an Access Denied on Get-RDMSessionPassword.

I know I could set the "Allow show credentials (everybody)" but this is just incompatible with the security we try to put in place (thanks to RDM).
Is there a way to get the password without allowing anyone to see the password ?

When the script runs, it runs from my session so RDM knows my AD credentials and could allow the script to access the password, provided it is launched from my session ?
I guess (and hope) that anyway, PowerShell is not bypassing roles set to users ? Isn't it ?

Thanks in advance for your clarifications and suggestions.

Pierre

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Right now that limitation is on purpose because powershell was truly put in place as a mechanism to perform advanced manipulation of entries. On the other hand, we have on our design board changes to our security system so it would be a good idea to think of this in the new security context.

I am moving this thread to the Feature Request forum.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Hopefully you can change it at some point.

Best regards,

Pierre

Clock3 yrs