Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Android - Bug Report

Bluetooth keyboard, ssh entry.

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

I have just got a pixel C and bluetooth keyboard, I had tested the app on a nexus 10 with the soft keyboard which worked fine. However when I type on the external keyboard the characters are drawn on the bottom left corner of the screen - switching to soft keyboard functions as expected. It seems that the characters are not sent to the server in question as hitting enter just brings a new line, no prompt changes on the console.

I would like to use your app as it seems to tick all the boxes, but without the keyboard working it doesn't meet expectation. Is there a setting I missed?

Please help.

Clock4 yrs

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your feedback and for contacting us via our forum instead of the Google Play rating system.

No, there is not specific setting for the external keyboard.

Does your external keyboard work as expected in RDM Android except with SSH ?

Do you use the Pixel C's external keyboard or another external keyboard ? If you use another external keyboard please specify the brand and model.

We have just bought a Pixel C. The problem will be reproduced and fixed. It is on our P1 list.

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi Nicolas,

Yes I have the pixel c keyboard from Google, and I can confirm it functions perfectly when setting up connections and passwords.

The keyboard stops working once an SSH session is established.

I am looking forward to a fix, per-chance will you support colour output from the remote console?

Thanks for your response

Chris

Clock4 yrs

Hi Chris,

Thank you for providing the information.

Yes, we plan to support color output. It is on our todo list.

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi Chris,

Quick update: The keyboard bug has been fixed and it will be part of the next release.

Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs