Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Support for Hyper-V clusters

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Right now when managing VM's I need to know on which cluster node a VM is currently placed. I'd like to be able to view an entire Hyper-V cluster and see all VM's in a single view (plus possibly all nodes). The 'Hyper-V Console' type connection does seem to be 'ready' for this (as it shows both host and VM's) but if I'm not missing anything there's no cluster support (yet).

Pow3r.us3r.78

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
This could be interesting for sure. I will enter a feature request for that. The main issue is the environment. We don't have access to an Hyper-V cluster setup.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

If you wish we can provide one for you (sounds like a win-win to me smile ). Hyper-V supports hypervisor-in-hypervisor now so we can set this up in a virtual environment so it will be virtually free for us.

Let me know by email if and when you could use an environment.

Pow3r.us3r.78

Clock3 yrs

Great. I will let you know as soon as we can start working on it.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello Bas,

We'd like to start working on this soon. Would it be possible for you to set up an environment for us to experiment on? Please send the information to hmireault (at) devolutions.net Thank you!

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Do you have an update to this feature? I too use Failover Clustering for my Hyper-V VMs and would very much like to point the RDM computer name to the Cluster rather than keeping up with the actual Host that the VM resides on - as it can change with host optimizations.

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

We unfortunately do not have a testing environment for the hyper-V clusters so this is still on hold for now.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs