Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Key Agent Manager with putty

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

it's possible to add the new feature Key Agent Manager to putty session?

Thanks

Clock3 yrs

What do you mean by that? The key agent is supposed to work with Putty. Do you mean add the key automatically or something like that?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Sorry, I was looking for the same check option in advance tab as the ssh session. ( use agent option )

Because in putty session there's no option "use agent"

but only add my key in key agent manager and it's work good.

you can close this one!

Sorry about that!

Clock3 yrs

No problem. I'm glad you asked the question because I'm sure this will help many people. I will make sure to update the documentation.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

I will check with Hubert if we can add the same checkbox. It could be even easier if it's possible.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

This is possible to do but it might require a small rework internally. We can only tell PuTTY to use the agent by changing the appropriate value for the PuTTY session stored in the registry, since there is no command line for it as far as I know. I'll keep you updated.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

ok no problem.

For your information, One of my co-worker wasn't able to make work the Key Agent Manager with putty. But work well with pageant.

After some research we found that he was using a old putty version 0.58

We have upgrade his putty to 0.63 and work fine.

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Thank you for the information. We'll check and see if it's easy to make the KeyAgent work with older PuTTY versions.

As for the Use Agent checkbox request, for now it would be easier to modify your current PuTTY sessions using PuTTY itself to add the "use agent" option. When using that session as a base in RDM, it would try to use our KeyAgent or Pageant.
We're still keeping the feature request to have the checkbox in RDM PuTTY sessions, though.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs