Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Android and iOS with Azure?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Are there any plans to get Azure working with Android and iOS? Trying to find a cheap way to have a hosted database, but still be able to use mobile apps, seems like there aren't any options.

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
Could you give a try with the IOS version? We have few scenario that seems to work. The main issue is related to the Mono implementation of the SQL Server driver. The encrypted connection was missing but I know they merge more and more of the Microsoft stuff and we hope to have full support eventually.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Adding the datasource works, along with testing, but when objects try to load I get two errors.

"Unable to connect to your data source" and "Validation Unable to save the user in the database! Invalid object name 'sys.sql_logins'."

Clock3 yrs

Does you user already exists in Azure? Have you configured them with the Windows version before?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Does you user already exists in Azure? Have you configured them with the Windows version before?

I made a mistake. I was adding the data source as MS SQL instead of Azure on iOS. Works fine. As for Android, I was able to connect to Azure using the MS SQL option, I had to create a user within the desktop client, I was using the default server admin before.

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

What about security and Azure? I don't see an option for encryption / TLS support in the data source connection settings. Doe that mean my data is going plain text via the web?

Best regards,

Maarten Schouten

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
Azure force the encrypted connection and it's by default.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi David,

Sounds perfect!

Best regards,

Maarten Schouten

Clock3 yrs