Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Azure SQL Database using Azure AD identities

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

We are looking at an early fall release (October 2018). We will have a beta before October.

Unfortunately we can't move much faster than that since 4.7.2 is not supported on all Windows OS.

For example Windows 10 (pre-Anniversary Update) full list here

Best regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Excelent! I'll plan for October then, thank you!

Clock2 yrs

October has come and I don't see this in the latest releasenotes. Any news?

Clock2 yrs

Daniel Wahlgren wrote:

October has come and I don't see this in the latest releasenotes. Any news?

Fingers crossed

Clock2 yrs

It's in the beta release

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Excellent, do you have an approximated eta for release?

Clock2 yrs

We hope to release the final version this week.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Sorry to be a pain, but it's now been two weeks. Any update on that ETA?
If I could work on implementing this in our organisation for next week that would be great. If not, I understand. I'm very grateful at the speed you reply to posts on the forum.

Clock2 yrs

Hello Daniel,
The release is planned for today.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Now you made me all jittery! Thanks David!

Clock2 yrs

Installed the new version with a Trial serial, and now I'm in DLL-hell regarding adalsql.dll.

According to the forums you build against v1.0.2028.318, which is not the version I have, I have v1.0.2044.414. It worked with my older install, so no change has been made other than installing the new RDM-version.

So Instead of getting access to Azure with MFA, I'm fully locked out upset

Clock2 yrs

v14 is built to work with the latest version of the DLL.

We don't bind directly to it but since the .NET framework prior to v4.7.2 didn't support the new version we were stuck on the older version.

v14 is built using the latest version of the ADAL.dll all should be good.

I have version 1.0.2044.0414 and all is working as expected

Anything in your application log? What error are you seeing?

Best regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Our users have reported they needed to uninstall v14 of adal (= Active Directory Authentication Library for SQL Server in control panel ) and install https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48742 (64bit)

Exception:
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Unable to load adalsql.dll (Authentication=ActiveDirectoryPassword). Error code: 0x2. For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=513072
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnectionString userConnectionOptions, SessionData reconnectSessionData, DbConnectionPool pool, String accessToken, Boolean applyTransientFaultHandling, SqlAuthenticationProviderManager sqlAuthProviderManager)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, UInt32 waitForMultipleObjectsTimeout, Boolean allowCreate, Boolean onlyOneCheckConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpenInner(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.SQLServerConnectionDataSource.cb237041e20b5e69dd4663ff2ed975633(String c18973cea236a9feff75c32ca7d1697d5, String c5b591b7955deb9ddac9f502d298faf48, String ceb81d1ee93f91e0bc57f34876c263863)
ClientConnectionId:3391a1a1-68be-4923-8057-7e1d76112d8f

Clock2 yrs

Thanks, we will investigate

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs