Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Silent Upgrade option

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

When we click upgrade, please provide the option to do a “silent upgrade.” At this point, we all know what the options are for doing a software upgrade and I would think that most people would just like it to happen without any interaction. Thanks for giving it some thought!

Clock3 yrs

Hello,
You mean download silently and start the installer when it downloaded completely?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

I was thinking more like when people click the upgrade button, it would run a "silent install." Meaning, I don't have to click twelve buttons to make it install, it will just do it. Of course, there are some people who will still want to micro-manage the install but, having the option to just do it would be nice.

Clock3 yrs

Recently I was very impressed by the way Paint.NET (http://www.getpaint.net/) updates itself.
It checks on start-up (likeRDM). If it finds an update, it offers to install it when the application closes.
The update then perform with little or no clicks.

If you could make RDM update like this, I guess many people would be very happy!

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
Long time ago RDM was able to do the same thing but we had so many issue regarding the security and the different client environment (Citrix, Terminal Server,..) that we decided to remove this functionality.

I still have a todo on my list to give it a try again and maybe as an option.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

I have to say the upgrade process is intrusive, I also get odd Mouse and keyboard slow downs when the download starts. I tend to ignore the upgrade and manually download the latest version from website as its less hassle. An upgrade on exit would be good for me.

Clock3 yrs