Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Multiple keyword search

• Create an Issue

I use tagging extensively as a way to filter a list of servers to connect to. One feature it seems RDM is missing (or at least I can't figure out the right keyword terms) is a way to combine search terms in the search box. For instance I might want to display a filtered list of servers running app version 4.5 AND in the Prod environment. I can easily search 4.5 or Prod, but I don't see a way to combine both terms to get a filtered list of both. I tried putting both keywords in using spaces, commas, "AND", "&", "&&" but nothing works.

Shawn

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
This is not supported for now. I don't think this would be hard to add eventually.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hey David

We would be happy as well to have this functionallity in RDM search. Do you already plan this for implementation?

We know this kind of search from XenCenter Search. For example: If we want to see all Terminal Servers and Mailservers we search for TS MAIL so it would display TS1, TS2, TS3, MAIL5, MAIL6 as a search result.

Regards
Daniel

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
We already plan to do an advanced search but I like the idea of the XenCenter Search. I have entered a feature request for that.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Wonderfull! I'm looking forward to this.

Daniel

Clock6 yrs

The latest build now supports and/or filters

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/Home/Download

A few notes on the implementation

• We use the C# nomenclature (&& for AND, || for OR)
  • Double-quotes (") are not required or removed, they are part of the text filter, dont' use unless you are looking for (")
  • Evaluated left-to-right
  • No parentheses matching
  • Token leading/trailing white-spaces are trimmed

Examples (this will work):

• Boise && Laptop
  • Boise&&Laptop
  • Boise && Laptop
  • Baton Rouge || Boise && Laptop
  • laptop && Baton Rouge

Examples (this will work):
  • laptop && "Baton Rouge" <-- Will work but filter for "Baton Rouge" and not Baton Rouge
  • Laptop && (Baton Rouge || Boise) <-- Will work but filter for Laptop and (Baton Rouge or Boise)

Give it a try and please leave your feedback,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

This is so incredibly awesome. Loving it! Thanks Stefane. I guess I need to visit your offices more often. wink

Clock6 yrs

@shawnbass - You can visit any time :-)

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Good work! Thanks a lot!

Clock6 yrs