Forum / Remote Desktop Manager IOS - Support

iPad issues

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hey folks!

I'm so excited to see development for iOS! I've wanted RDM on my iPad for years! I discovered it in the app store last night and tried it out. I realize it's still in the early stages and there will be issues. My first problem is that I cannot get it to connect to any servers that use an RD Gateway, so it is of no use outside a building or without VPN. Once it tells me it can't connect, I have to force quit the whole app, it never recovers.

However, the big issue is that it just plain doesn't work yet, or I'm doing something very wrong. If I connect to a local server without RD Gateway, there are some issues with screen size and particularly right click. It doesn't automatically scale to the screen size of my iPad, making the point where you click shift around and not line up with the correct spot. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's pretty much completely unusable at this point, I can't get anything but a keyboard to work most of the time. 1 or 2 minutes later and about 14 taps of the screen and suddenly something will open or close that I had tried multiple times. I don't have this issue with Microsoft's RDP app on the same servers. Once you try right click once, it really corrupts the display, with portions of the start menu showing up but not others, a quarter of an app disappearing and not showing, etc., etc. But it works to monitor something like an install, if I don't want to interact with the machine.

On the plus side, at least I can look up user's passwords now though from the database, and that's a huge help for me! And I love that I can display passwords for other entries I have in my database like admin pages for switches, etc. I would prefer to be able to tap once on an item on the left and have it open the connection to it, rather than display an overview page for it. Clicking the i in the circle for a menu, and then clicking Open is not as intuitive or efficient as just clicking once on the icon itself, if you could consider this change for a future release?

Sorry for my gripes, I'm just very excited to see this app come to the iPad and I want to see it work as well as your desktop app. Let me know if I'm doing something wrong to have this many issues. I'm using an iPad Air 2 with iOS 9.1.

Thanks!

Aaron D. Priest
http://www.aaronpriestphoto.com

Clock4 yrs

Hi Aaron,

We will investigate your issues with RD Gateway and interactions in a RDP session.

For the tap on an item, we will add an option for the default behavior when you tap on an item.

Thank you for your feedback.

Best regards,

Olivier Désalliers

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi Aaron,

A new version is on the way. We implemented RD Gateway but "Login method", "Use Gateway credentials" and "Open Gateway only when unable to ping host" options are not supported.

We improved RDP performances on devices that support the Metal API (The iPad Air 2 supports it). A lot of fixes and improvements were also made.

Like previously said, we added the option in Settings -> User Interface -> Entry touch action to let you choose the action when you click on a session. You need to set it to "Open" to open a session with a single click.

Best regards,

Olivier Désalliers

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs