Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Tree-Layout

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

every time i open rdm tree-view gets reset to a ... undefineable ... default

it would be great if rdm remembers last-opened tree-view and loads after the (initial) refresh.

There is also a problem when editing or creating entries, that tree-view gets collapsed and expanded unexpected and
that's very annoying when having 500+ entries and 100 from other folders expand when editing one entry

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
What version do you use? RDM remembers the last opened nodes when you restart the application unless you have the option "Open collapsed by default"

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi David,

I have the same problem. I use version 8.0.5
When I open RDM it expandes unexpected some of the folders (on each start the same folders were expaned)
I also tried to start RDM as administrator... same result

best regards
Tobias

Clock6 yrs

Try the v8.0.11 please

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi David,

with v8.0.11 this is working fine. thanks smile

best regards
Tobias

Clock6 yrs

sorry forgot to add

we use 8.0.11.0

if editing an entry, it expands all trees which are opened by all active users

so if 5 of use are using rdm and eveyone of us has opened his customer-tree it opens up all 5 trees when editing or creating an entry ... everytime ... even if i previously collapsed all trees

it's not solved with 8.0.11.0

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock6 yrs

Is it possible that you share the application setting?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

how to disable sharing application setting?

edit: we use RDMS
edited by SMG on 1/10/2013

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock6 yrs

Do you have installed the client on a shared drive? This is the only reason why the remotedesktopmanager.cfg could be shared.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

no, installed on every client separatly, one rdms-server

client version: 8.0.11.0
server version: 1.1.3

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock6 yrs

Could you try to delete the file remotedesktopmanager.ext in %LocalAppData%\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

closed RDM
renamed that file in Users\User\Appdata\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager
opened up, created & modified entries

it happens no more. so this problem relies on remotedesktopmanager.ext, it doesn't get recreated
so what is this file for? is it needed? does it get recreated when updating?
edited by SMG on 1/16/2013

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock6 yrs

This is where RDM saves the opened nodes. It should be created on close but it seems that its not. This explains why you had the old opened nodes every time. Could you verify the application log to see if there is an error creating the file?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

after a while i can state that the problem persists,
it worked for a few days but then it started again, some times it works, some times not.

i cannot figure out wheres the problem

in log there is every day when i connect to server:

"[30.01.2013 08:51:31]ERROR SILENT System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Exception: Invalid session provided!!!
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Server.BaseService.ValidateSession() in c:\Dev\devolutions\Websites\RemoteDesktopManagerOnline\Server\BaseService.asmx.cs:line 18
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Server.RDMSServices.AddLogEntry(RDMOLogEntry logEntry) in c:\Dev\devolutions\Websites\RemoteDesktopManagerOnline\Server\RDMSService.asmx.cs:line 17
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.RDMSProxy.RDMSServices.AddLogEntry(RDMOLogEntry logEntry)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.RDMSConnectionDataSource.<>c__DisplayClass1.<ProxyAddLogEntry>b__0()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.RDMSConnectionDataSource.ExecuteAction[T](ExecuteActionDelegate`1 action)"

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
The silent error is not an issue. It's only that the server session expire but RDM reconnect. When you rename the file, it works again?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

yes, if i rename or delete it works again.

but i think its a bit different since my first rename-action.
since then i think it opens up only my own trees i have closed - not the others trees.

ex.: i collapse a sessions-tree, edit a entry in another one, when i click ok rdm refreshes and it opens up again the collapsed tree.
manually clicking on refresh before editing doesnt prevent it from opening...

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
Could this be possible that an Anti-Virus lock the file? I suspect that RDM is unable to save it. Could you verify the last write time?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Thx for this hint,
i checked and found no logs indicating such a problem in av - we use Kaspersky Endpoint Security.
rdm is lonely running in its own VM on my machine and because of that in this vm there is no av-protection installed, only on host.

btw. i collapsed a tree, clicked refresh and checked .ext last-change/write time and can see that there is nothing actualized in this file. ex. collapse, refresh now 09:46, file-timestamp 09:35

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock6 yrs

Could you verify if the time stamp change if you close RDM?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

checked, yes it changes

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock6 yrs

any idea?

Best Regards
Markus

======================