Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Unpinned window expand/flyout delay

• Create an Issue

I tend to keep my navigation and info panes collapsed, but its really annoying when I'm moving my mouse over the edge of the RDM window/screen and have the info/details/description pane fly open and linger. Is it possible to add an option on how long you need to be over a collapsed window/tab before it flies out/open? Even if you just had to click to open the collapsed info/details/description panes, that would be great..

Thanks, TJ

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
I will check with the third party that we use if it's configurable. Just to confirm for now there is no delay?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

its a split second - chekc for yourself, show the sub connections, logs, attachments, details etc. panes at the bottom of the screen and then unpin everything, they all collapse as you would expect and the pass a mouse over it - its really quick... if there were an option to require a click to show a collapsed pane, that would be helpful...

Thanks, TJ

Clock3 yrs

I have verified and I can't find a way to configure the delay. However I could add an option to force the click to expand. Would you prefer that?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Works for me ;-)

Thanks!

Clock3 yrs

This will be in the next minor update. I think that I will make it the default behaviour. I also hate the mouse hover.

Thank you for your feedback.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Just another though (I should prob. open a new thread, but do you think you can somehow highlight the tab names when there is content in them? i.e. the description, todo and attachments tab etc)?

Thanks, TJ

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
I'm not sure to understand what you mean. Could you create a mockup of the expected result?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Screenshot attached...

HighlightCollapsedTabNames

HighlightCollapsedTabNames.jpg
Clock3 yrs

Now I see what you mean. I will verify if we can do something because I'm not sure that we have access to the header. We use a third party for the UI.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

It could be simpler to add a small icon in the dashboard when a description is available. Do you think it could work?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Not really, as I think some of the other tabs could utilize it also... Given you display and icon, could you just switch out the icon to a red/non-grey version of the icon?

Clock3 yrs