I'm looking through the SDK documentation and there appears to be no way to link into RDM. I hope this is possible.

I want to be able to launch a session in RDM from our own application, are there API calls for this?

Example, session XYZ is in RDM, I add a custom option in our support application that lauches the XYZ session and RDM does exactly as it does now.

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
This is not the SDK that you need. the SDK is used to create a new type of session. What you need is the RDM command line help:

http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/installation_commandlinearguments.htm

Or maybe the PowerShell extension:

http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/powershell_cmdlets.htm

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Thanks. I tried it with the /session switch, and when doing so it takes me to the right session in RDM. Is there anyway to pass on a command to actually launch the session?

Clock6 yrs

What kind of command would you like to pass?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I'm sorry for not being clear. The majority of our sessions are RDP. I'd like to be able to pass a command similar to remotedesktopmanager.exe /<sessionid> that launches the RDP session. Right now, it simply opens the session in RDM (I can see notes, modify info, etc...). I want it to autolaunch the session we specify.

The goal would be a one touch button in our application to connect to our clients computers. Note, RDM is always running in the background.

I hope this makes sense.

Clock6 yrs

It supposed to open it directly. Is it an external or embedded session? have you tried to create a desktop shortcut to verify if it work?

http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/settings_advanced_overview.htm

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

We always open as external, although we just choose the open session icon. Nobody chooses as embedded. I tried it via the shortcut and I got the same result. It opens it in RDM and takes me to the session, but fails to actually launch the session. I also tried right clicking and running as administrator. I'm using Windows 7 32-bit. I tried two different computers. Using version 8.0.11.0

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
I don't understand. I've just tried and it work fine for me with the Desktop shortcut and an RDP session (external mode). Do you have the Enterprise edition? If not could you request a trial to verify if it makes a difference?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Ah. I just ran this locally, and it worked. I think the problem is that I am RDP into the machine I was testing from. I tried it locally on the machine I am on and it worked. RDP to my work computer again, and it fails to work. That might be the reason. I'll know more tomorrow when I'm in the office. Sorry for all this confusion, but maybe it does not work when remoted into the machine.

Clock6 yrs

It should not fail but this could be the possible cause. Let me know tomorrow

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I can confirm, the issue was running it in a remote session. I wonder why, perphaps you can add this to your bug list and investigate, but this handles what I need for now. Thanks.

Clock6 yrs

This should not be a a problem but I know what could the be the root of the problem. I will assign this bug to André. He will take a look at it when he gets back from the Hollidays.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
Could you verify the Help->Diagnostic to see if you the "Application Communicator is running" when you are connected in RDP

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Yes it is running (CheckBox). Running in Terminal Services is X

Clock6 yrs

André is unable to reproduce it. What OS is it?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Yeah, I can do it on 2 seperate computers. All Windows 7 Pro 32 bit.

Clock6 yrs

I will try to reproduce it again.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs