Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Bug Report

2FA Duo Not Working Devolutions Server

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I'm trying out DLVS server and want to test Duo.

I have AD authentication configured and working.

My local data source points to my DLVS server, username is configured as %userdomain%\%username%, and password is set to "always ask".

Everything at this point works great. It prompts for my password, and my AD username is displayed as the user. Login works, groups/roles work as expected etc.

Now I tried to configure Duo.

I appear to have setup Duo correctly on my Server, with the keys and api blah blah. I set 2FA as optional per user (for testing). And I go to my own account and configure Duo 2FA. I click Send Push, and I get the push notification. So far so good.

Here comes the problem; now, when I attempt to log in to my DVLS Data Source from RDM, I'm prompted for my password like normal, I then click OK. But now it says username and password failed.

I disable duo on my account and authentication works again...

Here's the funny thing; if I go into the website and look at login attempts, I see it actually tried to login with the username "%userdomain%\%username%" and wasn't substituting for domain username.

Even if I hard code my Data Source to my domain username, it still fails but leaves the username column empty in the logon attempts report.

I attached an image for you. (doesn't include my hard code attempts after my discovery)
Capture

Capture.PNG
Clock4 yrs

Hello,
I want to let you known that I have been working to fix the problem and it will be part of the next release of RDM. Meantime you may uncheck the "always ask" password and username.
Best regards

Clock4 yrs