Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Small Changes

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello RDM-Team,

We are using RDM since a few month and it's pretty nice!
But there are some small things which I, find a bit annoying ..

Navigation Panel:
- if I want to close a few rdp connections and do this over the upper folder (Close All), every time I get popup that asks me again what I want to do: Disconnect All // Log Off All

- if I close a single connection, someone else kicks me out of a session or the server is going down, RDM jumps everytime to the last used connection. So If I am closing some session in the bottom of the navigation tree and the last connection was in the top of the tree, I have to scroll all the way down to come back to the entry.

Is it maybe possible to customize this "features" in future releases, so I am able to stop asking me again if I want to close all connections and if I close a connection let the focus stay on the closed entry?

Thanks and best regards,
Tobias

Clock3 yrs

Hello,
I will enter a enhancement request for the close all. For the other case you could try to disable this setting in File-Options

Auto select item on tab focus

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi David,

Thank you!!!
I thought I'd played with this setting, but the restart did it!

An enhancement would be nice!

Best regards,
Tobias

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

We will add an option in File > Options to manage this prompt. You will be able to choose Prompt (what it does currently), Disconnect, or Log Off. If you choose disconnect or log off it will automatically choose either of these actions when closing a batch of entries. This won't be in the next version but it should be in the one after that.

Just an additional question, does the "disconnect/log off all" prompt open more than once or is it just once?

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

Hubert Mireault wrote:

Just an additional question, does the "disconnect/log off all" prompt open more than once or is it just once?

If you mean with "open more than once", that just one prompt pops up for all connections?
Close All brings a pop up to choose "Disconnect All" (all connections will close directly) and "Log Off All" (another pop up asks for each connection to log off the named user).

Best regards,
Tobias

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Thank you for the information. I'm not sure if there's a simple way to do the same with the log off all but at least now you'll be able to manage the "Close all" prompt.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Could you take a screenshot of the prompts that open when you use "Log off all"?

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

I hope this will help.

If you use <Log Off All> from the group menu (right click), just the both "logoff" prompts pops up.
If you use <Close All> from the group menu, the main prompt pops up and asks again if you want to <Disconnect All> or <Log Off All>.

Unbenannt

Best regards,
Tobias

Unbenannt.jpg
Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Thank you, we could easily add an option to disable the "Do you really want to logoff ____" message. We'll add it in the same place we added the "default close all action" option in File > Options.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

I looked a bit deeper and it seems we already have this option.

You can change it in File > Options > Advanced > Disable logoff confirmation message

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Ohh .. I'm sorry for that!

I can confirm that this option is working for the Log Off prompt.
So it's just missing the Close All option, or?

Best regards,
Tobias

Clock3 yrs

No problem smile I missed that option too. As for the close all option this should be available in the next version of RDM, yes.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Thank you for your help and the upcoming enhancement!

Best regards,
Tobias

Clock3 yrs

Thank you for the enhancement, it works!

BR!

Clock3 yrs