Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Search with mathematical operators/symbols

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,
we have in total 3177 entries in RDM (RDP, sub connections etc.). The bigger part of these entries are links to existing entries; for example an entry can be linked in 20 different groups/folder.
And we have many entries with similar names. I would like to explain it with a short example (folders and content of each folder):
folder z
- entry: abc_def
- entry: def
folder y
- entry: c_def
- entry: ab_def_xyz
folder x
folder w
- entry: def
folder v
- entry: abc_def_gh
etc.
When I search for a word (e.g. "def"), I get as result all the entries, that contain "def" in the name. That's very nice smile But sometimes I would like to find only the entries that are exactly called "def" and not other entries with "def" in the middle/end of the name.
So, I have two questions/wishes:
1) Is there a possibility to search exactly for a word? For example with a sympol or mathematical operator? Like $def$
2) An other function/possibility to search easier: For example I search for "ab*d" and I get as a result all the entries, that begin with "ab" and contain a "d". In my example, I would get the following result:
folder z
folder y
- entry: ab_def_xyz
folder x
folder v
- entry: abc_def_gh
I didn’t know how I could explain it better. I hope that my description is okay and understandable smile
Please let me know, if you have any questions.

regards,
Aysun

Clock4 yrs

Hello,
Could you try for those specific case the Advanced Search to see what is missing?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello,
many thanks for the hint. I tested the Advanced Search and I got the expected result. But would it be possible to disable dublicate entries/linked entries?
In the screenshot you can see my settings and the result - as result I got an entry two or three times, because the entry is linked to multiple folders.
It would be very helpful if an entry would appear only once.

regards,
Aysun

Advanced_Search_RDM.png
Clock3 yrs

Good point!

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

In the "settings" tab of the advanced search there will be a checkbox to hide the duplicate entries. It will be unchecked by default.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs