Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Android - Feature Request

Options for Resolution

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Great to see the new Android app. This will really help out in a pinch and integrating it with the DOD makes it even sweeter.

Ok, so I just got a new phone that has a 4k screen. As you can imagine I can't read anything when connecting to a server considering this is a very high res for a 5.7" screen. It would be great if you could add the ability to simulate alternate/non-native resolutions.

Screenshot+2015+11+04+22+56+33

Screenshot_2015-11-04-22-56-33.png
Clock4 yrs

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your feedback.

As you mentioned, I can see that the text is very small. Have you tried zooming ?

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Yes, zooming works ‘in a pinch’ as well. Hahah…. But I do have to pinch several times to get to a level that is readable before I start panning all over the place. So this does work but just not ideal.

Clock4 yrs

Hi Chris,

A new version should be released next week with several improvements.

Please let us know if you see an improvement or not.

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Great! Looking forward to seeing this app mature! I'll check in once I've had a chance to play with the new version.

Clock4 yrs

Hi Chris,

The next release will support the remote desktop size value that is set in RDP connections.

Previously, only the default value was supported (which was the Android device's resolution).

In the Android settings section on your device, you will also be able to set a custom resolution for RDP connections that will override the remote desktop size value of all the connection that you open on your device.

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Good news Nicolas! This will be a huge improvement to usability for me and many I'm sure. Also glad to see you guys staying active on incorporating new features! Thanks for the update!

Chris

Clock4 yrs