Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Always Display Windows Login Screen

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

I was wondering if it would be possible to configure the RDP session to always show the windows login screen.
I can do it by following these instructions https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/941641 and then create a new RDP session form an existing RDP file. The problem with that is that I cannot get the tabbed interface to work.

/Tomas

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
We have a setting to Always ask for password. Have you tried it?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

I have tried it but it does not work it asks for credentials before the remote desktop connection is established. The problem I Remote Desktop Connection 6.0. The fix in the KB works but only if I run external from an existing RDP file. The beauty with Remote Desktop Manger is the tabbed environment.

Clock4 yrs

Do you leave the user name and password empty?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Yes. Attached screenshots of settings and login screen.

settings.PNG
login.PNG
Clock4 yrs

You get the prompt for the credentials in your print screen with an embedded connection but what you want is the Windows login screen with the user list?

If it's the case I don't think we can do anything for that. I don't see any setting.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

That is why it is in the feature request forum smile

Clock4 yrs

I thought at the beginning that you were not prompt for the credentials but now I see what you mean. Unfortunately we use the Microsoft ActiveX and without a setting, we can't influence the behaviour.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Ok. So I guess I have to go the Embedded RDP File route then. To bad because the tabbed interface is a really nice feature.

Clock4 yrs