Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Report Builder

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi Devolutions Team,

Our organization is currently running a pilot project of Devolutions RDM (using SQL datasource for the time being). So far, RDM has managed to replace 5 separate admin tools and is likely going to replace more than that. So firstly, great work! I'm loving RDM so far.

This feature request is for adding report-builder functionality. I realize we can leverage pre-built forms or use the advanced search function, however neither really meets our need.

What were hoping to achieve is the ability to build a customized report, including search criteria and field selection. For example;

Criteria (Site Name = x,y,z) (DeviceType = a,b,c & DeviceSite = SiteName) (ContactSite = Site Name)
Field Selection Site Name, Site Contacts, Connection IP address/ Host

This is 1 example of a report which would be beneficial, but we have 100s more. As such, the ability to define our own reports would be great!

I'm hopeful this could be added at some point - means we can decommission another app smile

Mike

Clock4 yrs

Hello Michael,
I will add a feature request for that. I'm not sure how easy it will be to do that but I'm sure this could lead to a killer feature. Just out of curiosity which tools have you replaced with RDM?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi David,

Thank you for your prompt response. Applications & use cases below;

VisionApp: General stored-connection manager for RDP/SSH + a few custom "Launch commands" for tools like SCP, browsers etc
MobileAdmin: Basic remote connections from phones (on-call) and reboot functionality
Custom Script wrapper: Our staff relies on GUIs (more than they should) so we wrote a gui front end for some custom scripting tasks, ie: Provision Website, including site isolation via user creation & permission config, DNS modifications etc. We can now wrap our scripts within RDM using variables
Access Database (which should have died in 2003) for site/contact/ip tracking & reporting
Excel spreadsheets for license and IP tracking

The above haven't been replaced altogether as we're still piloting RDM, but I can see them being phased out once we're ready for production.

I realize this request would require major efforts from the Devolutions team but have to ask anyway. Assuming the request gets authorized, would you be able to put a time-frame on when we might see it available? 2+ months? 6+ months? 1-2years? I'm just looking for a ballpark, not a firm date.

EDIT: Rephrase my question regarding timeframe. When a feature request is made of this nature (requiring major development efforts), what is the typical lead-time before it's made available?

Mike

Clock4 yrs

I would say 6 months but it could be less than that. It mostly depends on the resources available. We are working hard at bringing all the mobile version to a near feature set of the Windows version.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

I have to say, that's a better answer than I was expecting.

Thanks David, have a great weekend.

Mike

Clock4 yrs