Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Support

DVLS 3.0 Corporate Subscription & RDM Entreprise Global license

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

I've got another question today related to our potential future use of Devolutions Server / RDME :

Current RDM Brochure available from RDM Documents page says that "RDMS comes with a full RDM Global license" (p9). From what I understood RDMS is the former name of Devolutions Server. For me this means that getting a subscription for DVLS 3.0 Corp also enables us to the RDME with a Global license for the duration of the subscription with no additional costs.

If I look at DVLS FAQ , I see under the question "Does Devolutions Server include a client license of Remote Desktop Manager?" that "Devolutions Server has a few editions. Each comes with a number of client licenses for Remote Desktop Manager Enterprise. A separate purchase is not required". For me this also mean RDME license is included in DVLS subscription.

But I see in the online store under "Devolutions Server" section that "Remote Desktop Manager or Password Vault Manager Enterprise licenses are required and sold separately."

I'm confused. Is RDME Global license included in DVLS subscription or not?

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

Not anymore, we are working hard to fix all of the documentation. The change is new from tuesday.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

The previous licensing scheme for Devolutions Server (DVLS) included a Global License for Remote Desktop Manager (RDM). Our thought at the time for DVLS was that it would be a solution that would be attractive only for large organizations.

As our user community grew, we noticed more and more smaller customers that were asking for that solution, but were complaining of the sizeable price difference between their licence packs and the DVLS package. For this reason, we decided to transform DVLS into an Add-On that we would license by itself.

Customers can now choose the exact quantity of desktop clients that they require, and simply add the appropriate DVLS license for their requirements.

For the desktop license, you can choose between:

• Packs: Exact number of licenses are purchased.
  • Site License: The site license grants you the right to use Remote Desktop Manager for all of your employees (unlimited users) for a single site (office).
  • Global License: The global license grants you the right to use Remote Desktop Manager for multiple offices across multiple sites (i.e. it can be used worldwide if you have multiple branches).

For pricing, please visit https://store.devolutions.net/

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Thanks a lot.

At least my curiosity helped you in pointing out what needs to be updated :-)

I'm getting in touch with Sales right now.

Clock4 yrs