Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

2 security groups on the same folder(s)

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

At this time, it’s not possible to setup 2 security groups on the same folder. It’s 1 security group per folder. We would need to separate your sessions in 2 different folders.
Shortcuts also are no option for us as we have a few hundred servers which we need to give access to without giving access to credentials.
http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/tipsandtricks_shortcuts.htm

Please comment/advise.
Steven

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

Are each servers using unique credentials?

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

A lot of them do, could you clarify why this is relevant and let us know if (when) we can expect a solution for our problem?

Clock4 yrs

Steven,
We have something coming in 2016 with a rework of our security engine. You will be able to assign more than one security group to an entry or to some specific actions. As you might know it's not a simple change.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Is there any news about multiple security group on folders / connections?
We have a complex folder structure and would need this feature.

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
We have design in progress but it's very complicated. We are currently building a prototype internally for the database structure.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Us too +1 please.

Or even just individual user access permissions per group folders (I can't see a way to do this ?)

Clock3 yrs

And is there an idea of timeline - will it be V12 in 3-4 months or more like V14 in 12 months ?

Clock3 yrs

Hello Matthew,

We have a tutorial on Security Group.

If you would like to watch it, here's the link
http://remotedesktopmanager.com/Support/Video?v=5ejIIg-t8I4#SpotlightOn

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
I can't give a timeline for now. We are still working on the prototype

Regards