Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Subject: FEATURE REQUEST: Check Is Online

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

The new Check Is Online feature is great. Could this be updated to poll the server until it responds? We use this when rebooting remote hosts.

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

We have a feature called Keep tab on disconnect which is linked to the feature you desire. Please consult the link bellow;
http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?tipsandtricks_keeptabsopened.htm

Once you enable the feature, a panel will replace the content of the session and all you have to do is select Connect when available.
This button is related to the Check is online feature.

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock4 yrs

I enabled Keep tab on disconnect on an open session, and then rebooted the host. When prompted, I selected Connect When Available. The feature does not appear to wait for port 3389 to be ready. Instead, RDM tries to connect as soon as it receives a ping response. Is that by design?

Clock4 yrs

Marc Beausejour wrote:

Hello,

We have a feature called Keep tab on disconnect which is linked to the feature you desire. Please consult the link bellow;
http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?tipsandtricks_keeptabsopened.htm

Once you enable the feature, a panel will replace the content of the session and all you have to do is select Connect when available.
This button is related to the Check is online feature.

Best regards,

I enabled Keep tab on disconnect on an open session, and then rebooted the host. When prompted, I selected Connect When Available. The feature does not appear to wait for port 3389 to be ready. Instead, RDM tries to connect as soon as it receives a ping response. Is that by design?

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

In the Advanced section of your RDP session, select Port Scan for the Online detection method

2015 10 15 15 54 30

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

2015-10-15_15-54-30.jpg
Clock4 yrs

Merci beaucoup Jean-François. That works perfectly!

Clock4 yrs