Forum / Password Vault Manager - Support

Question about linking credentials to RDM

I'm currently evaluating PVM, and have it installed in a test setup including RDM and Devolutions Server. When trying to add a PVM credentials link to RDM, from what I can see, it will only show me credential objects in the shared part of the PVM data store. Private credential objects stored in the Private Vault area of PVM are not accessible.

Is this limitation by design? How would we be expected to safely store unique, per-user credentials in PVM in a way that allows them to be linked to sessions in RDM? I feel like I'm missing something here, so any help would be appreciated.

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

PVM is but a subset of RDM, is there a need to use both?

PVM is mostly used for non-technical personnel, its simply a secure store for you information.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Well, given that Password Vault Manager shows up as one of the credential sources when creating new credential entries in RDM, I had assumed it was a more advanced application for storing and managing credentials, with additional features. If it's actually just a subset of RDM's existing functionality, then it's probably not what we're looking for. Thanks for the help!

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

What is it that you are looking for?

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

I'm currently looking for a secret data management system, obviously with a primary focus on credentials, but hopefully something that also allows storage of other types of secret data as well. Being able to link credentials from such a system into RDM is key, but aside from that, another key feature is having the ability to access the information quickly via a web interface. Other necessary features are the ability to have different sets of secret data, with varying levels of access (private, team-specific, public), integration with AD to manage said access levels, and auditing features that record every time the data is accessed or changed, along with a history of said changes. I'm also looking at some other products that work with RDM, such as Pleasant Password Server and Thycotic Secret Server.

Clock4 yrs

Both excellent products that we interface with.

I would say that our integration with Secret Server is a notch above because we have an excellent relationship with them and we collaborate on special projects.

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs